Giant Reign X or Trek Slash
Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 6:39 Quote
Which slash is that ?

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 7:24 Quote
roostingroger wrote:
Which slash is that ?

Slash 7,

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 14:40 Quote
You think it's better than the reign x1?

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2012 at 19:07 Quote
My last bike was a Giant Trance X and I now ride the Trek Remedy. For those of you who are now wondering why I"m talking about two different bikes you can close your browser and go ride your bike (you probably need more practice). For those still with me great. I loved the Trance and rode it on a 143 epic four day ride through western Colorado and Moab Utah. On bigger stuff (i.e., Porcupine Rim, bike park) I felt like I was bottoming out too often. I found a great deal on a carbon Trek Remedy made the transition at the beginning of the season. The Remedy climbs great (super stiff) and descends much better than my Trance did. I used it on a five stage Enduro race that consisted of some double black diamond runs, drops, wood gaps, etc. The Remedy handled it all. There were four Remedies and as many if not more Slashes in the race lineup. In fairness there was one Trance X and a handful of Giant Reign X bikes in the field of racers as well.

My vote is Slash (or Remedy)

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2012 at 19:32 Quote
You just said porcupine. I think I peed a little. I assume you've done the whole enchilada? Man, is there a better 23 or so miles on the planet? Did it on my Reign. So pumped for this fall to head back down.

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 at 11:45 Quote
CaRaBeeN wrote:
Reign XO vs Slash 9
6.150 USD vs 5.880 USD
The only better part I see on Giant is DHX air shock.
Wow, I would have said "Giant is usually the better value", but their current prices are nuts. Reign X0 used to be $4k. no?

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
Yea I currently own a trance x but I need something with more travel. I don't want to get the remedy because it I do a bit of jumping and the remedy isn't really meant for that. It's more of a long legged trail bike. I saw that trek came out with the 2013 model and it is 300 cheaper with the same Price. I am waiting to see what the 2013 giant reign x is like before I make a decision.

Posted: Sep 18, 2012 at 10:15 Quote
roostingroger wrote:
Yea I currently own a trance x but I need something with more travel. I don't want to get the remedy because it I do a bit of jumping and the remedy isn't really meant for that. It's more of a long legged trail bike. I saw that trek came out with the 2013 model and it is 300 cheaper with the same Price. I am waiting to see what the 2013 giant reign x is like before I make a decision.

Giant Reign X no.1 for me !!! please do test the new Giant Reign x. I did own also a 2009 Trance X, 2009 Giant Reign,
2010 Giant reign x, 2011 Giant Glory, 2012 Giant Faith ( i have a buddy who owns a bike shop) and now i am going back
to the new Giant Reign X now, because i think it's the best all-round bike i rode and i tested a lot of bikes.
Specialized Stumpjumper, Specialized Enduro, Trek slash 9, Trek Remedy 9.9. and all Giant Bikes.
If you want a bike for up and downhill and sometimes jumping don't buy a Remedy it's like you've said it before
a better trail bike and on downhills dangerous ( it's way to light on the front).
This will be my new setup.
Giant Reign X Frameset
with RockShox Totem on the front
on the rear will try the Fox Dhx Air, if i don't like it replace it with a RockShox Vivid.
and yes it work's great with the totem, the head angle is a little steeper but still climbs like a goat.

Posted: Sep 18, 2012 at 10:17 Quote
Sounds like a Giant dealership to me.

Posted: Sep 18, 2012 at 10:57 Quote
CaptainLip wrote:
Sounds like a Giant dealership to me.

my question to CaptainLip, Dude did you ever ride a Giant Reign x?
i did tried a Trek slash 9 for a whole week and it's a good bike
but it doesn't climb as good as a Reign x.
i also know somebody with trek bike shop.
and with the remedy comment i made about dangerous for downhill
i have a video a buddy made 2 years ago while downhill riding, me
on front with a Reign x and him with a Remedy behind me.
i can send you the video.
and no he is not a beginner, the same thing happened to me too.
do really think if i would work for giant i would suggest to use a totem
fork which jeopardizes the warranty.
think about it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2012 at 11:13 Quote
I work in a bike store, I demo trek, giant, lapierre, santa cruz all to great extent and none of them offered the features a trek frame does and the ABP set it apart from the rest, adjustable head angle and bb height, superb back up and warranty if anything goes wrong, trek was the sensible choice over a giant anyday, think about it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2012 at 11:50 Quote
Now... you sound like a Trek Dealership to me.
and how long is the warranty for a trek slash again? yes right 3 years.
and why are they giving only 3 years?
compared to lifetime warranty for the Reign x.
the only thing on the Reign x was the lower link, and they fixed that on the 2013 model.
do you remember how many rears broke on the scratch. which was a freeride bike.
the slash is a young model and time will tell.
i can only say i am 6'4" and 210 lb and i have never had a broken giant frame.
but i dented a session frame after two weeks soft as a coke can.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015656
Mobile Version of Website