Chicksands

• Next Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
Guys theres already a Chicksands thread. you couldve posted on there.

Search bar ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was £3 for a junior but it looks like it has now gone up...

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
thanks for the help Smile

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 6:05 Quote
me and a freind went to chicksands and no one asked us to pay and no one there had to pay aswell coz its in a public woods.

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 6:15 Quote
durin the weekends usually gotta pay...weekdays are best nobody around

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
hussy wrote:
me and a freind went to chicksands and no one asked us to pay and no one there had to pay aswell coz its in a public woods.

Its a public wood because its owned by the forestry commision. But the 8% (or however much it is) that the guys in the chicksands biking committee is for public but bikers only. Sure your allowed in, nobody's gonna tell you to f*ck off cause you dont have a bike but that section of the woods is paid for on an annual basis buy the guys in the committee. They pay something like £2500 a year just to keep the land. All the upkeep is in their own free time. When I go im happy to pay by choice because they've put in so much hard work just to give us a place to ride.

You probably didnt get asked by a warden or you'd gone on a weekday.

But for £5 for a whole day and thats only on weekends its not like its bank-breaking.

Plus if you collect 10 Day tickets and present them to a warden, you get a years membership for free. So dont throw them away!

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
anybody riding at chicksands on new years day?

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 6:09 Quote
d0w13r wrote:
anybody riding at chicksands on new years day?
Yoooo, myself and 2 friends are gonna be riding there tomorrow Smile Will most likely be on the dual track and the northshore providing it's not too wet. What bike will you be on? Probably see you there tomorrow

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 6:21 Quote
going to take my exalt, there is a group of us going.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 6:28 Quote
Anyone know how much snows at chicksands right now?

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 6:47 Quote
I know it's rideable, It probably wouldn't be great though...

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 6:56 Quote
i popped down at about sixish last night as i was planning on riding today.

4x had a dry line though the rest was ice.
probably be ok now as its raining Big Grin

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 10:53 Quote
just wondering im going to chicksands in the summer after my exams, but im not sure which bike to take, ive got a specialized p2 2008 or a kona stinky 2009.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 11:01 Quote
C00KIE wrote:
just wondering im going to chicksands in the summer after my exams, but im not sure which bike to take, ive got a specialized p2 2008 or a kona stinky 2009.

both?

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
C00KIE wrote:

Take the p2.

Full suspension bikes can be a little overkill for Chicky. Theres some big drops and gaps in the free ride area though these are easily doable on a hardtail!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015240
Mobile Version of Website