Knee Pain?

• Next Page
Posted: Mar 4, 2013 at 21:43 Quote
DARKSTAR63 wrote:
I have had my fair share of knee issues, and It is prob best to see a doctor. However, being careful not to overwork your knee when it's inflamed is a good idea. Also, question for you, clipless or flats?

Flat... I hate... HATE clipless pedals! Razz though I know that they're helpful with how you pedal and everything but I can't stand them! I love flat pedals .. funny noob story I tried them the clipless pedals and fell on the ground..I couldn't stand up LOL I was stuck and where I fell they weren't any people.. lol I was like ... HELP... ANYONE HELP! I CAN'T STAND ... GOD DAMNIT!!
ever since I hated them LOL .. it seems if I over work my knee it will start hurting slowly more and more.. I am riding everyday for 2 hours and I feel totally fine.. but when I ride for over 4 hours there the pain will start.. just my right knee.. very strange pain I tell ya! Razz

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 4:23 Quote
If you have knee pain, flats are better. Clips put too much stress on your knee. I rode clips for a year or so and never liked them and I would feel a twinge in my knee. Went to flats and loved them and no knee pain. Your foot can move around on the pedal enough to keep the stress off of your knee.

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 3:58 Quote
ctmtbgirl wrote:
If you have knee pain, flats are better. Clips put too much stress on your knee. I rode clips for a year or so and never liked them and I would feel a twinge in my knee. Went to flats and loved them and no knee pain. Your foot can move around on the pedal enough to keep the stress off of your knee.

Word! your foot can move around on the pedal enough to keep the stress off of your knee.. AMEENN BRATHAA!!

Flats FTW!

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 17:47 Quote
ctmtbgirl wrote:
actually dairy is very irritating to our system so I would not eat more dairy. Dairy and wheat will add to any inflammation. I do agree though that It may be your seat height, you only want a slight bend in your knee at full extension. It also depends on the condition of your muscles and tendons. If you are riding regularly and you have the proper seat height and the pain continues, you should see an orthopedic.

I second that

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 15:36 Quote
If you're having a lot of crepitus (cracking)....probably chrondromalcia patella. No real western medicine fix beyond rest/icing. I would recommend acupuncture. I am a little bias, as I am an acupuncturist. I treat a lot of knee pain successfully. Really helps reduce inflammation in the knee!
Dietary changes to reduce inflammation have helped my crackly knees. Check out paleo/primal diet/lifestyle (no grains, no beans/legumes)--Eat like a caveman!

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 at 11:46 Quote
ctmtbgirl wrote:
I like platforms too, but, when you get knee pain using clip-in pedals, adjusting your cleat position may help.

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 1:11 Quote
AmberK wrote:
If you're having a lot of crepitus (cracking)....probably chrondromalcia patella. No real western medicine fix beyond rest/icing. I would recommend acupuncture. I am a little bias, as I am an acupuncturist. I treat a lot of knee pain successfully. Really helps reduce inflammation in the knee!
Dietary changes to reduce inflammation have helped my crackly knees. Check out paleo/primal diet/lifestyle (no grains, no beans/legumes)--Eat like a caveman!

Hmmmmm... sounds like a good idea... I just asked my friend he's an Orthopedic surgeon, he said he doesn't believe in such things.. But I wont lose anything ( only money ) ... I'll give it a go Smile I still can't ride long rides.. And it's annoying .. hopefully this will help.. because honestly I don't want to go through the MRI/X-Rays and God knows what.. Jezz!!

Wish me luck you guys! Big Grin lol

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 6:16 Quote
whalesandowls wrote:
AmberK wrote:

Hmmmmm... sounds like a good idea... I just asked my friend he's an Orthopedic surgeon, he said he doesn't believe in such things.. But I wont lose anything ( only money ) ... I'll give it a go Smile I still can't ride long rides.. And it's annoying .. hopefully this will help.. because honestly I don't want to go through the MRI/X-Rays and God knows what.. Jezz!!

LOL of course many doctors will say they don't believe in such things, they dont want you feeling better.

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 at 21:56 Quote
ctmtbgirl wrote:
whalesandowls wrote:
AmberK wrote:

LOL of course many doctors will say they don't believe in such things, they dont want you feeling better.

lol Razz I said he's my friend.. before being a doctor.. and good news! I found out what's wrong with it..
My leg muscles aren't built well... it's causing my knee cap to move to the right side... now I am doing Physiotherapy.. and it's working all right... thank God I went and have someone check it out before it got worse... in one/two months time I'll be back to normal Big Grin am already feeling the changes! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 5:54 Quote
whalesandowls wrote:

lol Razz I said he's my friend.. before being a doctor.. and good news! I found out what's wrong with it..
My leg muscles aren't built well... it's causing my knee cap to move to the right side... now I am doing Physiotherapy.. and it's working all right... thank God I went and have someone check it out before it got worse... in one/two months time I'll be back to normal Big Grin am already feeling the changes! Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

Thats great !!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015602
Mobile Version of Website