Truckpad - what do you think about it?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Truckpad - what do you think about it?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 16:11 Quote
suda wrote:
https www.facebook.com pages RSD-Truckpad 476237922400103

Dude thats an awesome looking pad, don't worry about the haters. No idea, why when you are using the pad you would want to use the tailgate anyway?? I use something similar in my ute and dont have any problems fitting 5 bikes in. Apart from the velcro straps up the front, it would be ideal to have slots for the back wheels to sit in to stop the tyres from moving when you are on rough roads. I guess you could incorporate some into this design, or have another rack as well. Best thing about doing this, if you have the front hanging over the tailgate, there is enough room to have all your gear up the front of the tray. Tailgate pads for the win. (p.s. feel free to send one to Australia for extensive testing in our conditions)

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 16:15 Quote
i dont think anyone is 'hating'.. i just dont see a point to spend 80-100 bux when you could seriously make the same thing with some towels and a little bit of foam.

but then again, people are telling the OP to make is his rack out of wood. so i guess its whatever the OP wants to do..?

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 16:20 Quote
Mup33t wrote:
suda wrote:
https www.facebook.com pages RSD-Truckpad 476237922400103

Dude thats an awesome looking pad, don't worry about the haters. No idea, why when you are using the pad you would want to use the tailgate anyway?? I use something similar in my ute and dont have any problems fitting 5 bikes in. Apart from the velcro straps up the front, it would be ideal to have slots for the back wheels to sit in to stop the tyres from moving when you are on rough roads. I guess you could incorporate some into this design, or have another rack as well. Best thing about doing this, if you have the front hanging over the tailgate, there is enough room to have all your gear up the front of the tray. Tailgate pads for the win. (p.s. feel free to send one to Australia for extensive testing in our conditions)

rsd 2014

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 16:24 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
i dont think anyone is 'hating'.. i just dont see a point to spend 80-100 bux when you could seriously make the same thing with some towels and a little bit of foam.

but then again, people are telling the OP to make is his rack out of wood. so i guess its whatever the OP wants to do..?

It's cheap if the price is a problem for you! $50 is enough?

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 16:25 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:

Because when you truck is worth over 30k, $100 is f*ck all to spend when it comes to protecting your tailgate, not to mention it looks a million times better than foam and towels :/

The OP doesnt need to use wood as he has already designed and created a product that is both stylish and functional.

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 16:27 Quote
suda wrote:

If you could get them delivered to Australia for under $100, I know about 10 blokes that would take one right now.

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 17:41 Quote
All I'm asking is what improvements were made over the dakine pad? Its the same price and has a slot to open the tailgate. I shuttle bikes almost everyday after work. I don't take my pad off. I'm npt hating. If theirs an improvement I'm all for spending $100 on an upgrade, but if its just a knock off of the dakine pad it should be called for what it is

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 18:04 Quote
Mup33t wrote:
suda wrote:

If you could get them delivered to Australia for under $100, I know about 10 blokes that would take one right now.

if he could get them to nz for under $100 I know about 10 more boys willing to buy some haha

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 18:30 Quote
Mup33t wrote:

Because when you truck is worth over 30k, $100 is f*ck all to spend when it comes to protecting your tailgate, not to mention it looks a million times better than foam and towels :/

The OP doesnt need to use wood as he has already designed and created a product that is both stylish and functional.
it would honestly look very close to whats out there right now (put the foam underneath the towel, duh!).. as well as function the same. i dont mean to bust your bubble, but this 'truckpad' isnt something that is highly sophisticated!

hell if you wanted too, you could get the same material and if you know someone who can sew, you could make one for 25 bux or less. seeing as how my grandfather owns a sewing shop, i could probably do it for less, but i like my thule setup! tup

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 18:33 Quote
suda wrote:
if you couldnt tell, cheap is not the issue i had no issue with dropping 75 bux for a thule rack (read my earlier posts). i like to make things that i can use, and when you can do it for 4 times cheaper it seems like a win/win. again these arent that complicated. Rolleyes

the tailgate theft issue is a little more complicated more. i dont have an answer for that (nor did i know it even existed). lol

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 18:38 Quote
suda wrote:
truckpad
is that a two seater truck???

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 19:50 Quote
My brother an I made this rack for our truck out of pvc piping. Its cheap and works pretty well!
We followed this http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/goodies/TruckbedBikeRack.htm

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://9270196

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014469
Mobile Version of Website