Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo or Marzocchi 888 CR?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo or Marzocchi 888 CR?
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 22, 2013 at 19:45 Quote
If price is an issue, you can't beat the 888 cr at this price right now. 599 @ jenson

I've got this fork on a nukeproof scalp. But i only have a few rides on it, felt super plush and smooth but still offering plenty of support.

Posted: Dec 23, 2013 at 1:19 Quote
Spot on, hence why there are so many adjustment options on them, that's why I said get a notebook and write the settings down, but keep in mind, if there is a big jump/drop set them up to cope with that first, if you don't it could destroy your forks or worse your frame aswell.

Posted: Dec 23, 2013 at 1:29 Quote
Robert78040 wrote:
stealth0712 wrote:
No problem mate, basically comprsion is how hard the forks are to compress, meaning that if you have a fast very bumpy track this should be softer so the wheels can track over them calmly without shaking you off the bike, if you have some big jumps or drop offs this should be hard so you don't bottom the suspension out breaking it, rebound is how fast they return to there original position, this is the reverse of above, so bumpy tracks turn it up so the forks return to there normal position quicker ready for the next bump, and for big jumps/ drops turn it down so they help absorb the the hit and don't bounce you off the bike. B-)

Is it better to find a good medium in it when riding Downhill or is it better to always adjust it? The problem with adjusting it might be that some trails have different characteristics right?
spot on mate, that's why I said get a notebook and write the settings down, how I told you before of in the middle is the best place to start, but every track is different, that's why there are so many adjustments available, one thing to bear in mind is that if there is a big jump/drop off, set them up for that, if you don't you could break the forks or worse the frame, ouch!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010820
Mobile Version of Website