Powered by Outside

Worst Time to get a Puncture/Flattie Situation?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Worst Time to get a Puncture/Flattie Situation?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
in my town, we used to have a trail called "skull basher", killer insane steep DH, lots of rocks and roots, it takes about 45 min to walk all the way Up the trail, then i mount my bike, take off and the first tech DH section i pop a tube on a root!!!had to walk down the Steepest trail in Hope..with my bike in my hands, i fell on my ass atleast a dozen times....came back the next day and cleaned it...scariest trail ive ever ridden....unfortunately, bad wind storms knocked down too many HUGE trees onto that mountain...3 trails died cause of the wind damages.......

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 18:50 Quote
i flatted my tire when i was at mt 7 psycosis on my practice run it sucked

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
pcfr wrote:
I'll speak for postcanyonFR on this one. Just finished the second section on local DH(KNAR) trail, get a flat rear, in the dark, long ass hike, did i mention it was dark(pitch black). All thanks to stupid jesse who wanted to squeeze in another run.

thats only like a 5 mile hikeBig Grin . and it would be scary in the dark, thats when all the houseman monsters come out.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
crash23 wrote:
pcfr wrote:
I'll speak for postcanyonFR on this one. Just finished the second section on local DH(KNAR) trail, get a flat rear, in the dark, long ass hike, did i mention it was dark(pitch black). All thanks to stupid jesse who wanted to squeeze in another run.

thats only like a 5 mile hikeBig Grin . and it would be scary in the dark, thats when all the houseman monsters come out.

Ya then I had to drive the truck up to get his ass. You only had to walk down half of bearcub, thanks to those guys from spain or wherever.?

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
pcfr wrote:
crash23 wrote:
pcfr wrote:

Ya then I had to drive the truck up to get his ass. You only had to walk down half of bearcub, thanks to those guys from spain or wherever.?

haha yeah i was gonna tell that story, which is a damn good whistler story, but i dont feel like typing
an essay right now. we will just say it invlolved a pretty big rock, a tree branch, a 66rc2x axel, and a few cool guys from
spain who didnt speak one word of english. they saved the day though.Big Grin

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
Up at the local hill we got a wallride, fairly small but still fun.
photo

not me but same situation.

some goofs had put napalm on the rock the night before, and smashed beer bottles in it. So there was this sticky patch of gas and glass to ride through. Needless to say, 2 flat tires, some good rock scrapage on my leg, and a shitty walk home.

Congrats to mountain bikesSalute

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
about 1/3rd of the way down sugar at sun peaks at like 11(3rd run) popped my tube... only time i have ever forgot my patch kit and hand pump, so i had ta walk all the way down to the village, find phone call my mom and sit outside for an hour for her to get back,(i had no money for a new tube) good times at sun peaks

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
right in front of a huge gap where a bunch of hotties are watching from the side

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
crash23 wrote:
pcfr wrote:
crash23 wrote:

haha yeah i was gonna tell that story, which is a damn good whistler story, but i dont feel like typing
an essay right now. we will just say it invlolved a pretty big rock, a tree branch, a 66rc2x axel, and a few cool guys from
spain who didnt speak one word of english. they saved the day though.Big Grin

LMAO!!! Ya fun times, you forgot to mention "My Hair Grease" HAHAHA!

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
I flatted about 1/8 of the way down mt. 7. right before the hike a bike. I just finished the trail on the flat. Am I the only person that finishes a trail with a flat?

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
rydenorco wrote:
I flatted about 1/8 of the way down mt. 7. right before the hike a bike. I just finished the trail on the flat. Am I the only person that finishes a trail with a flat?

i do if its not to bad of a hill, but you can damage your rim if you try and still go full out.

you just have to shift your weight, if its a flat on the front lean backwards, if its a flat on the back vice virsa.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
haha I remember once my cousin had came down to visit and we were both stoked to ride then he got a flatty two seconds out the door..I once got a puncture on my first run on a trail..then on my second run after fixing the puncture I got yet another in the other wheel

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
maxm93 wrote:
haha I remember once my cousin had came down to visit and we were both stoked to ride then he got a flatty two seconds out the door..I once got a puncture on my first run on a trail..then on my second run after fixing the puncture I got yet another in the other wheel
Oh yeah that was funny

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
On your final DH race of the year. Your smoking the course needing points to take the overall win when you hear the familiar "POP". Thats the worst time. Hopefully your tires lock on the rims (like mine) and you can finish. (for those racing Kendra or Maxxis- your done!)

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
When I was 14 I rode about 36 Km to get to a big hill north of the city called "Supertest". I flatted at the top of the hill so I didn't even get to do the descent, and had to walk all the way back to the city.

It was 1987 so cell phones weren't invented yet, I hadn't told anyone where I was going, and being a noob, I had neglected to bring enough water. Fun times.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012771
Mobile Version of Website