DH First bike, suggestions please

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH First bike, suggestions please
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 7:44 Quote
pperini wrote:
BigHits are more of freeriders ahn?!!....if i can afford, im going with the Demo, if not, ill go with the A-line or Stab Deluxe...betwen these two is where i cant make my mind....

You should really try to ride as many of your choices as possible even if it is just on the street. That will help you get a better idea of which one fits and feel the best. Tons of people race Bighits but I have ridden both the Bighits and the Demos and the demo is much better. I don't know much about the A-line at all so i am no help there.

Wo wohnen Sie in Deutschland? Waas I in der US Armee und wurden in Hohenfels und Vilsek stationiert und ich reisten ganz über das Land. Es ist ein schöner Platz. Ich bin traurig, daß meine deutsche Rede so schlecht ist. Es ist 10 Jahre gewesen, seit ich dort lebte.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 7:53 Quote
hehe, im actually Brasilian, but i live in Kassel, Hessen....even tho i live here i speak english better then german, i understood just a little of what you have writen!!...actually i think i speak english even better then Portuguese, since i am in Tampa/Florida all the time!....if you ever come here, bring your bike!!...there are some nice tracks around here....thanks for the inputs guys...more inputs are welcome, always. So if there is some information about these bikes you want to share, please, post down!!

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
Ha, that's great! I used to train Jiu-Jitsu with a couple of brothers from Brasil. Saulo and Xande Ribiero, don't know if you've heard of them or not. I'd still be training with them but they moved out to California, I can't blame them...

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
get the demo 7, it has less travel, stock, but there is a chip you can remove from the rear shock that will let it have 7.7 inches of travel, essentially a demo 8 but without the large price tag, there is a forum, search attention all demo 7 owners. i like the 8, but for just getting into the sport of dh i think the 7 is perfect.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 8:09 Quote
hmm..those names sound familiar to me....sweet.....ill try to do what you suggested, the problem will be to find people with these bikes here...ive seen a Demo, and there is a guy that rides here that has an A-line...ill test them...tks!

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 8:12 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
get the demo 7, it has less travel, stock, but there is a chip you can remove from the rear shock that will let it have 7.7 inches of travel, essentially a demo 8 but without the large price tag, there is a forum, search attention all demo 7 owners. i like the 8, but for just getting into the sport of dh i think the 7 is perfect.

hmm...when i saw your post i was just thinking of the Demo 7...i think i would rather ride DH with a Demo 7 then a BigHitIII....ill look it up, tks!

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 8:37 Quote
yayou can essentially make the travel on it like a demo 8, i like the 7 better, ive rode both, and my opinion is that the 7 rides lighter and is a littel better handling and is more flickable, i know im gunna get flamed for saying that, but w/e my two cents

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
get a short travel bike like a intense 6.6,
then move onto a better DH bike like a V10

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
that is what i did, i currently downhill with an allmoutain 6 inch bike, but with FR components, but since i have the motocross background, the 6 inch is "not enough", so now im moving to a DH bike...

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 10:37 Quote
What do you think off the solid mission 9,they are sick DH race bikes and pretty ligth to or what about a Ghost world cup DH.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
the Solid is to expensive, and, is there such a thing as a Ghost DH? ...as far as i know, Ghost only produces the Northshore now...

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
pperini wrote:
the Solid is to expensive, and, is there such a thing as a Ghost DH? ...as far as i know, Ghost only produces the Northshore now...

Solid is expensive but very good i heard.yes Ghost made a DH racing rig and sell only as a frame only with the DHX5.0 shock.Markus klausmann rides one for years as a ghost factory rider and wins mostly every DH competition in germany.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.vik-schraner.ch/Fotos%20Bikes/ghost%20frame%20dh%20worldcup.jpg

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
but, is that bike for sale?...on the 2008 Ghost web site it doesnt show this frame...

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
im brobably gonna go with a clif cat dh, a demo 8 1 or a flatline3, you could go for a pro thoguh

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
how much are the north shore and how much travel

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011046
Mobile Version of Website