Powered by Outside

Gravity Pirate Park @ Mt. Waterman

PB Forum :: USA - West
Gravity Pirate Park @ Mt. Waterman
Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 22:32 Quote
I will be up there Saturday 2/22 9am til 3 or 4. I will be parking near the lift, an hiking up to my working spot. It's just a short 5 minute hike up to the spot. Bring a lunch, water and your favorite tool.

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 at 20:41 Quote
Had a solo dig session. I had to get up there. I haven't been in 3 weeks, and snow is forecast for next week. I got about 200' of trail built. All bench cutting.
this is just prior to the rock garden and drop I posted last. The big rock needs to be moved, either off the trail or made into a feature
this rock needs to be moved.
This is out on to the ski run second to last turn ahead
These small trees need to go.
the view from the section above. It is steep, the lift is diesel powered, and the parking lot is huge
It s steep
One of the oldest lifts in SoCal

Posted: Mar 1, 2014 at 1:23 Quote
I'm really interested in coming up and checking this out sometime. Ah to be free of kids baseball for a weekend...

Looks like you guys are doing a really awesome job with the place!

Posted: Mar 1, 2014 at 12:58 Quote
cant wait to go up there again. it was fun building last time.

Posted: Mar 1, 2014 at 16:43 Quote
is the rain gonna f*ck up the trails you guys are building? I wanna come up and build

Posted: Mar 1, 2014 at 22:57 Quote
The trails were built to be sustainable. But this will be a test, for sure. The hill is from 7500-8500 feet, so mostly snow. Their website says 6" as of this morning. Not enough to open for skiing. But enough to slow down trail building.
We are supposed to have a big dig day/weekend March 7 &8th. Keep the date.

Posted: Mar 3, 2014 at 12:01 Quote
If you are digging on Sunday I may be able to come up and help. I can't make it Sat. Keep us posted. Thanks for all the hard work.

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 17:06 Quote
http://gravitypirates.dust.tv/t8856-dig-ridegp-park-3-15#105440
The dig weekend has been moved to March 15 and 16 to give the snow some more time to melt. They got a total of a foot, and it has not been below freezing since the storm. Go to the link above for more details.

Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 22:58 Quote
Dig weekend March15-16 complete. Mostly perfecting turns this weekend. It seems like we are not making any progress, but building a sustainable trail is tough work. There was very little damage to the trail compared to the road from the 12 inches of rain they got 2 weeks ago.
It took an hour to get up the dirt road after digging out a Prius and Audi
Rain ruts caught this Audi A3
rain ruts caught the Audi A3 and Prius
We had a good turn out of diggers, about 25 in total
The crew working on a berm
Sweet right hand berm
left turn
photo
snow covered trail mad for perfect digging dirt
Those who stayed for day 2, had all the amenities of the lodge, A fireplace, Supercross on TV, and a lot of shit talking. What else do you need?
We had the lodge all to ourselves for watching Supercross
keeping the feet warm by the fire

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 7:54 Quote
Another dig event this weekend. Digging Saturday. Riding and racing on Sunday. We'll have an excavator with a professional operator, and the lift will be running on Sunday.
You must be a GP member or help dig on Saturday to be able to ride and race on Sunday

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 21:20 Quote
cant wait. it will be good to get out of the city.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 23:34 Quote
anybody on the west side of L.A. i can shuttle up there with on next digg and ride love to go help and put some work in too work sat.'s but if there's someone near LAX area going on next digg day send me a PM on dates so i can make it and join inon the Fun

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 9:27 Quote
Got some machinery up there this weekend. Made some huge progress. Even started on a new trail.
getting some real work done now.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 9:34 Quote
GoPro footage of the race we ran down the unfinished course

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044391
Mobile Version of Website