best UK dirtparks?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
best UK dirtparks?
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 13:15 Quote
ive been to uk bike park, i did a race there

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
Chicksands. Just south of bedford.
The best place for beginners and amatuers by far.
Everyone learns on the 4X there.
Its where i learnt.
Go to www.bedsfattrax.org
thats the website.
Theres 4X, Dual Slalom, 3 sets of Djs and 2 tables, theres XC trails all over the place, A Freeride/DH area where even i ride on my fully rigid Razz theres Northshore too. Some good freeride drops and you only have to pay 6 quid or something for a day ticket. 3 quid if your 16 or under. Weekdays its free.
Everyone ive met there is really nice and they all talk to you and tell you how your runs are and give you pointers on improvements and stuff.
Such a great place.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 4:58 Quote
nevis range now has a wee dj park
it has 3 lines
first one is 3 small tables
2nd one is 3 bigger tables but sorta like step ups
3rd line is 2 proper big doubles chopper had ridden them and he was pulling some big tricks on them so if ur near check them out

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:59 Quote
yo, the best one is definatly the track, great locals, nice guys, great jumps, foam, resi, qwall ride, variety of jumpss.

Defo worth a long trip!

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 14:03 Quote
24sevenmatt wrote:
yo, the best one is definatly the track, great locals, nice guys, great jumps, foam, resi, qwall ride, variety of jumpss.

Defo worth a long trip!

is the wallride finished now? when i went they just finished that day, so we werent allowed to ride it Frown

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 14:05 Quote
well it is placed right at the bottom of the MASSIVE line on the right hand side of the park, yeh they finished it and was ridnig it, iss soo fun!

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
24sevenmatt wrote:
well it is placed right at the bottom of the MASSIVE line on the right hand side of the park, yeh they finished it and was ridnig it, iss soo fun!

yeh i know where it is cos i was there when it was being built, looked sweet.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 10:35 Quote
Yeah UKbikepark is pretty sweet. But id say the Tracks way better when it comes to dirt.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 6:27 Quote
i think that one of the best parks is probably MOOR ROW its got proppa everything. Has any one ever been i have the track record of 3:21:32 its a very fast time for the track as its a longish track i dont think it will be beaten coz its a hard course anyway Come MOOr ROW coz we have this bus eyyy right and goes from MOOR ROW road end to Wembley eh and like atops at all the service at all the service stations aparrt from dat shit yan off the A595 i think its called Bigrigg this serious basterd lives there called Big Al and a wee southener called Tingle But back to the POINT MOOR ROW IS THE PLACE TO BE

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
portreath is actually really good. run by riders, not all 'councily' lol
worst place award goes to porc, its total utter wank
oh right yeah, go on, go and build your own dirtpark, but while your doing it have a few things stolen, and then have massive trouble with planning permissions, and trouble with council, and then, for that matter, have bratty little idiots saying its crap, and yet they dont even consider to help. THEN you can criticise it.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
Muttley wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
portreath is actually really good. run by riders, not all 'councily' lol
worst place award goes to porc, its total utter wank
oh right yeah, go on, go and build your own dirtpark, but while your doing it have a few things stolen, and then have massive trouble with planning permissions, and trouble with council, and then, for that matter, have bratty little idiots saying its crap, and yet they dont even consider to help. THEN you can criticise it.

Not cool.
first off i'm 19 and i pay for my own bikes and i am not 'bratty'. you are 14 and your mummy and daddy probably got you youre bike.

SO what if they have to go through tons of planning permission and everything, that doesnt stop it being shit. un-maintained, rutty, badly drained, bussy and shit are all words that come to mind, it's irrelevant what the council say blah blah blah

places like the track in cornwall is well maintained and well looked after and really good, they still need planning permision....

OH and i and others have our own trails, which are alot better maintained and alot better than porc

you really are silly, i dont even know what youre arguing about lol. have a sticker for your stickerbook

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
OK, so fair enough, your 19, ill take back the bratty thing, i bought my own bike, and yes, i understand that the track is FAR beter than porc for dirt jumping, but this still, does not mean you ,should go around saying that places like porc are shit, it is maintained, as best as it can without spending too much as they are currently building a massive clubhouse that will help bring the place up to a whole new standard anyways.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
Muttley wrote:
OK, so fair enough, your 19, ill take back the bratty thing, i bought my own bike, and yes, i understand that the track is FAR beter than porc for dirt jumping, but this still, does not mean you ,should go around saying that places like porc are shit, it is maintained, as best as it can without spending too much as they are currently building a massive clubhouse that will help bring the place up to a whole new standard anyways.

well thats good then isnt it. it needs improvement. You cant say somthing is good though because they are doing the best they can do. the fact it's not as good as the places i ride means i can criticise it, therefore i can say it's wank if i feel it is.
hopefully in the near future it'll get better, then maybe more people will come back

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
if you wana go for a sick dj day, go to the track, but if you only have a hardtail and just wana kinda piss about uk bike park is fun

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 4:21 Quote
dirt-digger wrote:
if you wana go for a sick dj day, go to the track, but if you only have a hardtail and just wana kinda piss about uk bike park is fun

whats the bikepark like, and what sort of runs are there? are there any big freeride trails?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015134
Mobile Version of Website