Powered by Outside

Leavenworth Washington Trails

PB Forum :: USA - West
Leavenworth Washington Trails
O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 21:45 Quote
Post how things are as I would like to make a trip down soon.

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 22:28 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Post how things are as I would like to make a trip down soon.

will do. riding leavenworth at some point this week. maybe thursday.

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 at 20:58 Quote
anyone down for a ride tomorrow?

rode fruend,rosie and xanadu today.

..possible devils gulch sunday early???

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 20:31 Quote
Made a couple laps on Tres this morning... the dust is unreal for this early in the year.

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 at 6:38 Quote
tangeman wrote:
Made a couple laps on Tres this morning... the dust is unreal for this early in the year.

oh you did did you...Smile

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 at 6:42 Quote
So actually here's a question. I had never really rode Freund Canyon loop...never thought it would be that great. I had fun though and with the new berms its going to be a blast. But right at the single track start up and fire road end on the climb up there is a ridge trail that looks like it might be pretty sick... Anyone ridden this and know when it ends up on either end from this point...? Looks like it heads up toward Mt. Tumwater and down but I dont know where the ridge line ends at the bottom of Freund? Possibly near the creek?

photo

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 16:03 Quote
That's what's left of Ribbed... got decommissioned unfortunately Frown

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 18:01 Quote
tangeman wrote:
That's what's left of Ribbed... got decommissioned unfortunately Frown

awe hmm i guess you snooze you looze...how long ago? I had always thought it was just a lame xc loop...but actually it was pretty beautiful back there...once those berms play out ranger to rosie to canyon to skihill is going to be legitimately cool ...

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 12:36 Quote
My wife and I are looking for some trails to ride mid-late July in the Leavenworth area. I did suggest Tres Hombres and Xandu, but my wife would like to do XC/AM trails since we will be stopping at Stevens on the way home.

The biggest issue I am having planning this ride is that my wife, although capable, would prefer to avoid climbing all day. If its a gradual climb I think she will be ok, but anything that is consistently steep will leave me with an ear full all day.

I would like to do devil's gulch, but it's hard to tell just how pedaly it is on Trailforks, but I'm thinking she could probably handle it, then either jump on to mission ridge to head back down, or continue to the Fire road and catch Upper Mission Ridge to come down?

I was also looking at the Sage Hills area, but the two maps I've looked at are very confusing and I am having a hard time planning a good loop to get us from a parking lot and back.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
Setanimod wrote:
My wife and I are looking for some trails to ride mid-late July in the Leavenworth area. I did suggest Tres Hombres and Xandu, but my wife would like to do XC/AM trails since we will be stopping at Stevens on the way home.

The biggest issue I am having planning this ride is that my wife, although capable, would prefer to avoid climbing all day. If its a gradual climb I think she will be ok, but anything that is consistently steep will leave me with an ear full all day.

I would like to do devil's gulch, but it's hard to tell just how pedaly it is on Trailforks, but I'm thinking she could probably handle it, then either jump on to mission ridge to head back down, or continue to the Fire road and catch Upper Mission Ridge to come down?

I was also looking at the Sage Hills area, but the two maps I've looked at are very confusing and I am having a hard time planning a good loop to get us from a parking lot and back.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Hey there... Sage is cool specially if you want to keep it mellow. Still some climbing just about everywhere though, and depending on the heat when you are there it is pretty much fully exposed to the sun. Stop in at Das Rad Haus and they have great maps of everything around with honest guidance for all skill levels.

don't sleep on Freund Canyon though. it is a super fun loop from Ski Hill parking lot to go around the whole back canyon loop and come down either "Rosie Boa" or back down "for the boys". It takes a couple of hours to relaxingly put it all together but is fairly straight forward and steady but not brutal on the back side climb. there are only a couple of steeper sections but not the kind that keep on going for ever. They have been doing a lot of work back there putting in bike park like descents to keep a smile on both of your faces. You can take it easy with little consequence or put the hammer down and have a total blast. This route also offers a good combination of epic views wide open sight lines as well as completely appreciated refuge from the sun just about ever time you need it.

I still have not done the Gulch in its entirety but it is a pretty long ride. Almost 25-30 miles round trip depending on how much you do...I have been told Devils is the easier way up where as either way on Mission you will be dealing with a lot of ups and downs. I have done the Red devil red hill side loop a few times which I love but it requires some good peddling power.

I hope this helps but whatever you do go Talk to the Rad Haus guys. They genuinely enjoy helping anyone out. ~ Have a blast its a wonderful area.

Posted: Sep 26, 2015 at 20:21 Quote
hey leavy riders... heading over weekend of otc. 10-11 with some pbers from cali and a few from west side. going to be doing a bunch of riding we should try to get a few of you guys meeting up as well. cheers - SM

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 18:26 Quote
Let me know if this is a really stupid question, but how much snow will there be in mid to late february? Too much to ride xanadu and tres hombres? Never been up with a bike before but last year there was barely any snow in leavenworth. Only closer to stevens

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 11:29 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
Let me know if this is a really stupid question, but how much snow will there be in mid to late february? Too much to ride xanadu and tres hombres? Never been up with a bike before but last year there was barely any snow in leavenworth. Only closer to stevens

Depends on the year but most likely wouldn't be rideable this year. There's at least a foot of snow down in town right now.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 20:43 Quote
tangeman wrote:
S-nicholas wrote:

Depends on the year but most likely wouldn't be rideable this year. There's at least a foot of snow down in town right now.
You're probably right. But when I do eventually make it there (maybe summer) would you recommend a full downhill bike?

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 21:41 Quote
Hey looking for trails to ride in the leavenworth/wenatchee area. I'm thinking of doing either Rosy Boa or Devils Gulch on the 16th of June. My question is, is Rosy Boa harder or equal to Xanadu (minus xanadu's slick rock)? I see Trailforks says Rosy is a black diamond but Xanadu is an intermediate. If its more techy, than I'll probably just wait on rosy.

Also looking for people to ride with around my expierence, I'm always pushing myself to the next level/

Below is a little brief of myself.

Just moved to Leavenworth, Washington from Ely, Minnesota (got a park ranger job.) Getting into mountain biking just now at 26, been having a blast these last few months with my hardtail.

The trails I've riden so far in this area are:

(part of) Nason Ridge
4th of July to Icicle Creek to Icicle Ridge (in late spring, wish I had snowshoes)
Freund Canyon Loop
Xanadu (fun but, a little above my skill level)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015840
Mobile Version of Website