Good brakes for DH riding?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Good brakes for DH riding?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 16:28 Quote
BikerBen135 wrote:
patch92 wrote:
BikerBen135 wrote:
Just to let everyone know, I ended up getting the saints, they're so good!

i recently got a set of saints. I'm honestly a little disappointed. they aren't giving me the power I've heard people talking about. i have to pull a lot of slack out of the lever to even get some bite. honestly, i haven't really ridden a downhill track with them yet. just burned them in a little and rode in the back yard. were yours like that at first? I'm hoping i just need to ride them at a bike park to get them to settle in. or bleed them. idk
I just bedded them in on the street for half an hour, and then went for a few runs on my local DH track, and then they were fine! Try bleeding them, and make sure that the rotors/pads aren't contaminated (shouldn't be though if they're straight out of the box :/ )

yeah they are directly from the box. what could contaminate them? sorry I'm relatively new to this sort of thing. no brake fluid, degreaser, any sort of lube has touched the pads or rotor. if they are contaminated, how do i clean them? I'm hoping a long run down a downhill track beds them fully in.

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 0:03 Quote
Over spray from chain lube?

Clean them with brake/clutch cleaner and some 120 grit wet n dry paper.

Then do sone high speed progressive braking to bed them in again.

Might be worth giving them a bleed first though, just be careful not to get any brake fluid on pads or discs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015743
Mobile Version of Website