Specialized Enduro 650b Thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialized Enduro 650b Thread
Posted: Dec 26, 2014 at 9:53 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
I would go for the single position pike as iv heard bad things about the dual position and Idk about u but I don't rly know many people who actually lower their fork mid ride. Especially because lowering it significantly lowers the bb height which makes rocky climbs much more treacherous

And also u would run a slightly shorter stem (30mm - 40mm) and IMHO I don't think ck stuff are worth the price and perform as good if not worse than many of fsa or cc offerings and all they add is a bit of bling. But with the money you save on those u could put toward a pair of carbon rims
Just my 0.02

Thanks for the comments, the reasons I chose the DP Pike- 1. I wanted the white one 2. It was cheaper on CRC than the solo air 3. My climbs are long fireroad climbs so it makes sense for me to lower it once for the climb but i will see about that. I am used to a 50mm stem so i will start with that. The CK stuff I ordered dont fit my integrated headset and my cranks, so I will be sending it back and will use the headset that came with the bike and the raceface cinch bb to fit the wide crank spindles. Thanks for the comments and I am saving for a pair of enves!

Posted: Dec 26, 2014 at 13:17 Quote
Why don't you get derby rims?

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 5:13 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Why should I? Stans seemed like a better choice because these are from the US and I would never trust 380$ carbon rims from a company I had no idea existed plus stans are very conveniently bought on CRC; i got a build with the hope 2 pro evo hubs and I like the stans tubeless integration

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 7:16 Quote
TheSkult wrote:
its-chris wrote:
Why should I? Stans seemed like a better choice because these are from the US and I would never trust 380$ carbon rims from a company I had no idea existed plus stans are very conveniently bought on CRC; i got a build with the hope 2 pro evo hubs and I like the stans tubeless integration
Well is true, they have had too good reviews around here, but mostly from Americans, they are wider than most rims and is a good thing, anyway you can't go wrong with what you choose. Stoked to see it finished

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 7:29 Quote
its-chris wrote:
TheSkult wrote:
its-chris wrote:
Well is true, they have had too good reviews around here, but mostly from Americans, they are wider than most rims and is a good thing, anyway you can't go wrong with what you choose. Stoked to see it finished
Yeah maybee a later upgrade, cant wait for my bike to be finished my pike is coming in the next few days but the rest of my order hasnt been shipped. Shame I have to wait till February for the frameFrown

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 7:49 Quote
Damn I would be dying if had to wait that much, I know what you feel, have to order most of my parts

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 2:47 Quote
Just a remark on dp pikes. You won't be able to add bottomless tokens to it. I'd rather have the option to adjust the progressivity of the fork rather than travel adjust.

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 6:39 Quote
toronte wrote:
Just a remark on dp pikes. You won't be able to add bottomless tokens to it. I'd rather have the option to adjust the progressivity of the fork rather than travel adjust.
Oh, I didnt know that. Anyways, I dont think I am good enough to need/ notice the difference of adding one or not. And I am preety light 70kg and i dont think I will need progresivity. But thanks for notifying me

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 7:00 Quote
Enduro 650b, like all Specialized SFR-s have a really low bottom bracket, so by lowering your fork travel you can get a lot of rock hits while lowered and your geo would be way off.

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 7:13 Quote
Stenimir wrote:
Enduro 650b, like all Specialized SFR-s have a really low bottom bracket, so by lowering your fork travel you can get a lot of rock hits while lowered and your geo would be way off.
Like I said I have no technical climbs where I could get rock strikes and all it does is lower the front end causing the ht and st angles to slightly steepen

Posted: Dec 31, 2014 at 15:57 Quote
I've just ordered my s works enduro frame, going for a dream build too. Frame doesn't arrive until end of Jan. opinions welcomed.

Parts so far

2015 Fox 36 floats
Mavic Crossmax enduro wts
XTR cranks
XTR shifter
XTR mech
XTR 10spd cassette
Renthal carbon bars
Renthal apex stem (not bought, need to pick size)
Shimano Zee brakes, 180mm rotors
SDG Bel air 2 Ti Seat
ODI Grips
Shimano Saint pedals or some straitline ones I have from my last bike
Ti springs 32t narrow wide

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2014 at 16:02 Quote
rocko1982 wrote:
I've just ordered my s works enduro frame, going for a dream build too. Frame doesn't arrive until end of Jan. opinions welcomed.

Parts so far

2015 Fox 36 floats
Mavic Crossmax enduro wts
XTR cranks
XTR shifter
XTR mech
XTR 10spd cassette
Renthal carbon bars
Renthal apex stem (not bought, need to pick size)
Shimano Zee brakes, 180mm rotors
SDG Bel air 2 Ti Seat
ODI Grips
Shimano Saint pedals or some straitline ones I have from my last bike
Ti springs 32t narrow wide
i heard that zee brakes tend to develop issues after a bit. i would get either xt, saint, or if your wallet can take it then get hopes in a matching color as your frame Smile

Posted: Dec 31, 2014 at 16:06 Quote
I have the zee brakes from my dh bike which I've now sold, that's pretty much all I kept. They were working brilliantly so I'll give them a go. Don't like the hope brakes at all.

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2014 at 16:08 Quote
rocko1982 wrote:
I have the zee brakes from my dh bike which I've now sold, that's pretty much all I kept. They were working brilliantly so I'll give them a go. Don't like the hope brakes at all.
just out of curiosity how come?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021394
Mobile Version of Website