Powered by Outside

Problem with intense tracer t275c, intense support doesn't even answer emails.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Problem with intense tracer t275c, intense support doesn't even answer emails.
Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 8:11 Quote
[Quote="titaniumtit"]Whatever, theyve oh so clearly rubbed your snout/bottom up tge wrong way that you'll continue to slate them off until the day you die.

No point in arguing the difference of opinion with folk like you.[/Quote

All I'm saying is that Santa Cruz Do things right, Intense on the other hand don't, so I'd rather have people spend there hard earned money on a company that deserve the money, not some company who makes a half ars attempt on a bike that they won't even back up if there's a problem.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
TheFreney wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Interesting, my Intense is 100% A ok!

Maybe go vent your mislead fury in an email to Intense themselves...?

I wouldnt waste my time, I'd rather inform people so they don't waste there money. I'm just giving information of whats happened over on ireland, one lad cracked his twice which is a joke.

I have purchased 4 Intense frames all from Local Bike Shops including first inaugural Carbine. I have rode all of them in every aspect of All Mointain. Shuttling and Bike Park environments. I have never had any problems what so ever.
I maintain all my bikes and will do a major overhaul on each frame pending on usage post season.
Every company will have a defective product now and then and it will be ultimately how the dealer deals with the situation. In my opinion, let the dealer deal with the problem because they have already established relationship with the manufacturing company or whomever they get the product from and will get answers faster. In turn,'us the customer get answers much quicker. Not saying Intense is the perfect bike but I have never had any issues. Great Brand

Cheers

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 13:23 Quote
A friend had his carbon frame replaced in 2 weeks on a carbine after He broke it on the rocks.

I then, emailed with questions about my warranty. They got back to me the next day. They are very helpful.

Intense just updated their website in October and now you can register your bikes online to get warraty. Awesome bike!, I love my tracer.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 8:22 Quote
It's hilarious to me when someone claims Intense is crap and Santa Cruz is the shit, or vice versa. Do some reading people.

...and yes, Carbines do have issues with snapping chainstays...it's a known problem. But there are no such issues with the T275C, and every one i've seen has been absolutely flawless with top notch construction and materials. They all came with beautifully CNC'ed Intense-branded alloy seat collars, top quality lightweight (non-QR) rear axles, cable routing done exactly the same way that just about every internally routed frame i've ever seen has (NOT "fish-tank hose" lmfao).

Either the frame the OP got is a unexplainable freak, or he's making shit up. Shock rubbing is certainly possible, and could also explain bearing issues. It's certainly possible that a bearing was not properly installed leading to mis-alignment. But this is a warranty issue and all you have to do is contact your dealer and they WILL get it remedied quickly. This is the kind of stuff that happens with ANY high-end bike, regardless of who makes it.

Personally, I will jump in and say that in my experience Intense makes some of the most exquisitely designed and constructed frames in the business. I have been restoring frames and building bikes of all brands for over a decade now and nothing is as beautiful as an intense alloy frame. I think there are other brands that do carbon better (Spec being one) but Intense is still at least among the best even in the carbon format.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
I tend to agree with what has just been posted except that their own alloy seatclamp qrs are bit shite but only bit.

But then again I'd just go n buy a Salsa if wanting to but havent yet.

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 11:34 Quote
Firstly, this bike is an absolute riot to ride, climbs well descends better. I hit all of the big features on our local hills DH tracks on this wee beast 30ft doubles, 25ft step downs big drops, rock sections. It's a beast. The finish of the frame is immaculate and the steel bolts are warranted if you ride hard and the bolt through rear axel doesn't bother me. But I'd have to agree with the lad who started the thread to a certain extent I'm afraid, design is flawed with regard to cable routing. After spending 6 years working in the trade and the last 10+ riding top end bikes I can say that this bike is not up to scratch. I've owned the T275c for 5 months and I have similar problems.

Bike creaked before I even rode it, fitting a new sram bb didn't help. Had to fit a hope pressfit bb to remedy it. Whether this was a cheap, nasty sram units or the frame tolerances being ever so slightly out, can't be sure.

Rear hub had to be warrantied after 4 months.

Rear brake was never right after multiple bleeds - again warrantied.

Granted these problems are component based apart from possibly the bb creak.

The final problem however is the same as the Chilean lads. I have two meaty, fairly deep wear marks on the undersides of the carbon lugs that connect the front triangle to the lower link. Also, all bearings are completely shot and the gear outer is through to the metal. No amount of helitape or protection is going to get round this. It's just straight up bad design. With the cables coming out of the rear triangle where they do and entering the front triangle on the underside of the downtube, wear is inevitable. The vast majority of other bike brands using internal routing don't experience problems quite this severe, definitely should have been remedied prior to mass manufacture. When spending £5500 on a bike I expect niggles like this to have been ironed out. If you read the previous comments suggesting this always happens and it's OK - ignore that pish - it doesn't and it's not.

Reason I found this is due to attempting to fit a Cane Creek DB Air! Needless to say, that's been scrapped!

Can't comment on support yet, letting my mate who owns the shop I bought it at contact extra - uk intense distributor.

Pretty poor design to spec a shock that fouls a part of the frame during normal use, same with the cable rub issue. Both of these oversights WILL lead to frame failure if unnoticed.

Lastly, a wee message to titanium tit. Your name is apt mate, you certainly are. The poor dude has just spent a small fortune on bad design and is having a mare getting support. I feel sorry for him. Your inflammatory comments are tedious and slightly enraging, you are just another one of these clueless keyboard warriors that give Pinkbike a bad name. Step away from the keyboard!Really Mad

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 15:18 Quote
Ay!?

Where did all that come from, I suggest you put your tampon firmly back in.

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 8:14 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Ay!?

I think he's a clueless keyboard warrior who thought my post was yours. Now that's "enraging"!!

Anyway I stand by my comments. It's hilarious but i'm involved in three nearly identical threads (Intense, Specialized, and Santa Cruz) right now where a user is complaining about "defects" in their carbon frame, every one is highlighting poor cable routing, and everyone is saying "this is the only brand that does this stupid shit!". In every thread i'm pointing out that these problems are pretty much across the board and in every thread i'm being told i'm an idiot.

Epic.

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 9:15 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Ay!?

Haha, tampon! Sturdy comeback!

Just calling you out on your needlessly poor banter!

As for warrior, sorry your put out that i didn't mention you by name as well. I guess you feel left out? Well, by the sounds of it you're the keyboard warrior being involved in 3 other posts regarding yaaawwwwnnn. Bored.

Also, a quick question. Do either of you guys own a carbon intense and are experiencing similar problems?

Good news is that Extra are aware of this issue and are in talks with intense on the appropriate action!
Absolute score for me eh?!

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 9:52 Quote
I really do hope Intense/Extra see you fir who you are and not replace your frame which your so eagerly flaming amongst us other forum users.

Whinger and the sooner they see this the better which is why I shall email extra UK this thread.

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 11:05 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
I really do hope Intense/Extra see you fir who you are and not replace your frame which your so eagerly flaming amongst us other forum users.

Whinger and the sooner they see this the better which is why I shall email extra UK this thread.

Well well, guess I hit a nerve!

If you reread my original post, you'll be able to grasp that the worst thing I said regarding Intense was that the problem mentioned is a design flaw, which I stand by. So if you feel the need to contact them, be my guest! If Simon is still the extra rep for my area, he'll be tickled pink by your posts! I met him a number of times through working at Highland Bikes, Ft. Bill and the Megavalanche and always found him very keen to engage with customers whatever the situation.

Anyhoo, I'm off to the shed to take some pics of the damage, as they requested. Doubt it'll require a whole new frame, but I'm sure they'll sort me out somehow!

Thanks for the positive vibes bro, toodles!

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

What a sad case.

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 12:46 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
What a sad case.

Just wanted to point out that you mistakenly quoted only one post. I'm certain you meant to quote the entire thread.

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
TheRaven wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
What a sad case.

Just wanted to point out that you mistakenly quoted only one post. I'm certain you meant to quote the entire thread.

Please read the whole thread, it'll just confirm what you already know!

I think poor wee Raven is just a bit miffed I got his name wrong!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015693
Mobile Version of Website