Scariest thing

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scariest thing
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
fast off camber rocky corners.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
aniyn wrote:
konarider30 wrote:
when theres a rockgarden that you might have hit wrong and on the other side theers like a cliff. none of them are deep that i have been on buts its kinda scary.
So you worry about the consequences of failure...dude...?
Smile
well when your goin fast you dont. but ive seen it hapeen to someone

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
konarider30 wrote:
aniyn wrote:
konarider30 wrote:
when theres a rockgarden that you might have hit wrong and on the other side theers like a cliff. none of them are deep that i have been on buts its kinda scary.
So you worry about the consequences of failure...dude...?
Smile
well when your goin fast you dont. but ive seen it hapeen to someone
You missed the reference I think.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

I hate washy sand, nothin like a tire sweeping the opposite way you turn the bars.

Agreed, our local course gets mad dusty and dry in the summer, and theres this one corner after a drop thats 90 degrees and it only has a tiny six inch high burm on it, and the other side is a bit of a drop and some greenery, on a number of occasions when trying to rail it I've blown my back wheel over the top of it and ended up going ass over tea kettle into the bushes. lol

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

I hate washy sand, nothin like a tire sweeping the opposite way you turn the bars.

Agreed, our local course gets mad dusty and dry in the summer, and theres this one corner after a drop thats 90 degrees and it only has a tiny six inch high burm on it, and the other side is a bit of a drop and some greenery, on a number of occasions when trying to rail it I've blown my back wheel over the top of it and ended up going ass over tea kettle into the bushes. lol
Are you talkin about the DH step down right beside the lift.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
Going waaaaay too fast into a rock garden, hitting it, and almost being kicked off the bike. It's times like those where you just need to hold on, and hope for the best.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
metalforever wrote:
calgaryrider wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

the corner after the log drop, after the first rock garden.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
metalforever wrote:
calgaryrider wrote:

the corner after the log drop, after the first rock garden.
I dont find anything wrong with that berm. The corner i cant stand is the one after the step down. They need to put a proper berm there.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
yeah, its not bad, i'd still prefer it to be a foot higher though, so when your not paying attention you don't get raped, haha. and agreed, that corner is weak, I'd really like to hit the stepdown but I can never find the speed, its not very high I just don't think I'd make the gap.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
yeah, its not bad, i'd still prefer it to be a foot higher though, so when your not paying attention you don't get raped, haha. and agreed, that corner is weak, I'd really like to hit the stepdown but I can never find the speed, its not very high I just don't think I'd make the gap.
They could add a foot to it. The only thing holding me back from hitting the step down is that theres no burm there, and i dont want to go flying down that hill.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
haha, yeah, its kinda sketch, but apparently it sets you up better than if you hit the tiny drop beside it, whats your opinions on the hip and "triple" after it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
haha, yeah, its kinda sketch, but apparently it sets you up better than if you hit the tiny drop beside it, whats your opinions on the hip and "triple" after it.
the hip is a peice of crap that just about any one could air if the tripples werent in teh way.. and the tripples are overated brake bumps

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
Havent tried it. First day i was going to hit it, on the way up i saw someone case the hip, nose manual into the rollers, and get raped.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
metalforever wrote:
Havent tried it. First day i was going to hit it, on the way up i saw someone case the hip, nose manual into the rollers, and get raped.
on opening day 3 people brok there collor bones trying to gap the tripples

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
I liked the hip at the bottom, and that larger double where dropin in was.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010400
Mobile Version of Website