Powered by Outside

Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 11:58 Quote
Awesome, I will look for those outside sites, thanks

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 15:51 Quote
I rode there yesterday for the first and most certainly not the last time. Had a blast. What a great mountain. Riders of all skill levels will enjoy the place. Every trail we rode was fun. Thank you to the guy with the Yeti that gave us a tour and to the mechanic in the shop for a new bolt for my top crown. Can't wait to get back!

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 6:03 Quote
Hope its better than what gravity logic did at killington.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 6:07 Quote
mfrdhracer wrote:

What did they do and why is it bad?

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 7:56 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:

They went in and put a few flow style trails in on the snowshed lift. One of the trails is OK with decent size jumps. the rest are pretty boring. Seems like they built them for newer riders.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 8:39 Quote
mfrdhracer wrote:
spencer666 wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:

They went in and put a few flow style trails in on the snowshed lift. One of the trails is OK with decent size jumps. the rest are pretty boring. Seems like they built them for newer riders.

Well, they need to make money somehow and can't only attract experienced riders. I can't blame them. Now, $49.00 for a lift ticket! That's crazy! That's a conversation for another forum though.

I can't wait to get back to Thunder Mountain! It was so much fun. They opened 2 new trails on the day I was there. They have been real busy.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:
spencer666 wrote:

Well, they need to make money somehow and can't only attract experienced riders. I can't blame them. Now, $49.00 for a lift ticket! That's crazy! That's a conversation for another forum though.

I can't wait to get back to Thunder Mountain! It was so much fun. They opened 2 new trails on the day I was there. They have been real busy.

I had a buy one get one free pass. Only reason i went. Not worth the 50 bucks. even for experienced riders, it still kind of sucks. More pedalling than you should have to do on a lift service mountain. Probably alot of fun on an enduro bike.

I would love to make it down to thunder mountain and try it out.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
mfrdhracer wrote:
spencer666 wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:

I had a buy one get one free pass. Only reason i went. Not worth the 50 bucks. even for experienced riders, it still kind of sucks. More pedalling than you should have to do on a lift service mountain. Probably alot of fun on an enduro bike.

What is your favorite type of ridding? I.E. groomed flowy jump trails or tech gnar?

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 12:37 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:
spencer666 wrote:

What is your favorite type of ridding? I.E. groomed flowy jump trails or tech gnar?

Steep techy stuff with lots of rocks and roots.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 12:54 Quote
mfrdhracer wrote:
spencer666 wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:

Steep techy stuff with lots of rocks and roots.

Then you'll have fun at Thunder Mountain. I recommend these trails:

Too easy
The Shicst (forgive the pelling error)
Back of the shack
Thunder clits
Billy Badger

Had a blast on all of them! I only wished that The Shicst & Thunder clits was longer.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 14:56 Quote
I'll be heading up the end of August. Sunday is Thunder and Monday I'll be heading to Highland.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 20:52 Quote
Anyone ride Thunder this weekend? How was it?

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 6:06 Quote
I was there, just did laps of The Gronk all day

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 15:37 Quote
So how is the flow trail? Are the jumps lippy. I ride at Mountain Creek a lot but find the jumps to be really lippy. They will buck you something serious if you are off your game. Highland on the other hand has perfectly sculpted jumps in my opinion. So how does Thunder fit into the line up.

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 15:54 Quote
Jumps are very forgiving on The Gronk. Just a lot of fun.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014678
Mobile Version of Website