Powered by Outside

Ard Rock Enduro 2016 - who's going!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Ard Rock Enduro 2016 - who's going!
Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
Plus you've got 10 hours in the black sheep beer tent on Saturday night,sure you'll be alright

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 13:44 Quote
Exactly, plus there's all the T5's with their LED lights that turn the camping area into an impromptu VW festival, it took me hours to get thro that bit alone.........

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 1:26 Quote
this time I'm got a expander cog and I might go back to 2x10. some long long climbs. that one up to stage 3 did me in. then stage 3 did me in. OTB at the top then double blow out on both tires at 30mph plus with ripped sidewalls and a cracked front rim aswell so game over. and a long limp back to the van

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 3:02 Quote
Was that the Tarmac climb? that eventually went onto gravel,

I couldnt throw my leg over the bike at the top of stage 3 on top of that mound the wind was that bad.

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 8:21 Quote
yup that would be the one

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 2:33 Quote
markg1150 wrote:
this time I'm got a expander cog and I might go back to 2x10. some long long climbs. that one up to stage 3 did me in. then stage 3 did me in. OTB at the top then double blow out on both tires at 30mph plus with ripped sidewalls and a cracked front rim aswell so game over. and a long limp back to the van

Damn that sounds harsh. I've signed up to do it on a steel hardtail running ZTR Flows and Hans Dampfs, really hoping they'll survive the rocks.

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 10:16 Quote
Deffo need some tough tires and tubeless. Must have been about 20+ riders down the bottom of that stage all with pinches etc when I was there. It's just the bottom half of stage 3 is flat out no brakes style stuff and I got really unlucky with a hidden nasty rock. Luckily the Marshall down the bottom new what was gonna happen so had a track pump he was lending out to everyone. I dunno what hans dampfs like toughness wise. But gotta be good it's certainly no trail centre ride. Hence why I love it

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 10:54 Quote
Yeah i've recently switched to tubeless to start getting used to it before next August. Went out on it today and it's a world of difference, should have done it sooner!

Anybody fancy setting up a camp on the day? Just as a mutual support kinda thing as i'll be going on my tod and would be happy to lend a hand to anyone else from here.

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
priest55 wrote:
Yeah i've recently switched to tubeless to start getting used to it before next August. Went out on it today and it's a world of difference, should have done it sooner!

Anybody fancy setting up a camp on the day? Just as a mutual support kinda thing as i'll be going on my tod and would be happy to lend a hand to anyone else from here.
im going up with a couple of mates,more than welcome to join us for a beer.(were all 40+ Though,you might think we're a bit sad lol)going up Friday night till Sunday,riding Saturday

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 at 12:14 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
priest55 wrote:

im going up with a couple of mates,more than welcome to join us for a beer.(were all 40+ Though,you might think we're a bit sad lol)going up Friday night till Sunday,riding Saturday

That would be sweet mate, well up for that. Drop us a line : )

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 at 12:36 Quote
priest55 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
priest55 wrote:

That would be sweet mate, well up for that. Drop us a line : )
yeh no worries

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 5:36 Quote
I did it in 2014 and have signed up for 2016. Only the Sportive on the Sunday though. Really enjoyed it when I did it. Very tough going though.

Posted: Dec 26, 2015 at 12:56 Quote
Ok, I'm signed up for the sport, driving up on late Friday, early Saturday from down west. Any body reƧcomend a tyre choice?

Posted: Dec 26, 2015 at 21:03 Quote
JohnyBoy wrote:
Ok, I'm signed up for the sport, driving up on late Friday, early Saturday from down west. Any body reƧcomend a tyre choice?
exo casing(or equivalent),tubeless.I run minion dhr2,no problems so far,but tyres are usually a personal choice

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012645
Mobile Version of Website