Powered by Outside

30 or 32 chainring Santa Cruz Nomad?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
30 or 32 chainring Santa Cruz Nomad?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 19:37 Quote
If it makes your riding more enjoyable, switch it up. Unless you're a hardcore racer, doesn't make sense to me that you have to basically train hard to make the climbs in your area. That sounds terrible. I don't ride a nomad, but I damaged the big cog on my 10-42t cassette and instead of replacing it I put a 44t oneup on it and I couldn't be happier. Makes those really shitty steep boring climbs easier if I just feel like cruising it after several hours of riding.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 10:38 Quote
I'm on a 2015 with x1 drive train. I put a 30t on it out of the box. For my trails I don't run out of gearing at high speed. Some times I still try to grab another gear when I'm in the 42t on the back. It will depend largely where you ride and your fitness.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 14:09 Quote
benben1 wrote:
Hey guys, I just got a Nomad and certainly would not mind if it would climb a little easier. It will go up everything that my 5010 would go up. But, after the ride I am a lot more tired. It just seems like it takes more effort to get up things with this bike. Maybe I'm just getting older. Anyway... Has anyone tried one of those oval/ elliptical chain rings? I was thinking about getting one. Looks like they get good reviews.

I have a one up components 32 oval on my altitude. Really smooths out your pedal stroke. Feels a bit weird at first but you'll get used to it in no time. Highly recommend

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013122
Mobile Version of Website