Powered by Outside

Favourite tool you own/ Best buy.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Favourite tool you own/ Best buy.
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
marquis wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:
my favorite tool has got to be my torque wrench. i got it as a gift so i dont know the price or where it came from, but its come in handy torquing down my front fork, my discs and my stem. in second is probably my casette tool and/or my chain whip.

what torque wrench you get.

its some off brand from an auto parts chain. it looks shotty, but its accurate which is good.

thanks.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
Crankbros Multi 17 multi tool 30 buck comes with 17 helpful tools. Has helped me in some tight fixs and is worth the money. BTW i think there's a multi 19 too.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
mechanics stand, hands down. I don't know what I will do if I have to go back to working on my bike upside down.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
marquis wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:
my favorite tool has got to be my torque wrench. i got it as a gift so i dont know the price or where it came from, but its come in handy torquing down my front fork, my discs and my stem. in second is probably my casette tool and/or my chain whip.

what torque wrench you get.

its some off brand from an auto parts chain. it looks shotty, but its accurate which is good.

yeah torque wrenches are a pretty sweet thing to have.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
sqrleprle wrote:
mechanics stand, hands down. I don't know what I will do if I have to go back to working on my bike upside down.
I'm still in that situation, however sometimes I have the money ready to buy one... Then something on my bike breaks so I end up putting that money elsewhere!

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
i completely forgot about the stand as a tool. im gonna have to put that in a tie with my torque wrench, tire remover lever thing, multi tool, and cassette tool. im indecisive.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
BMX8000 wrote:
Crankbros Multi 17 multi tool 30 buck comes with 17 helpful tools. Has helped me in some tight fixs and is worth the money. BTW i think there's a multi 19 too.
I have that tool. I dont like the chain breaker on it though. Its hard to hold the tool and the chain at the same time.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
Out of the whole workshop........... hmmm............ I think it would have to be my ball-ended Pedros allen keys (2mm-10mm plus T25), they are the nicest fitting, strongest allen keys I've ever used.

Mod
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
This has saved me many times. Chain break and spoke wrenches are especially handy.

(mines yellow/steal colored though Smile )
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.campmor.com/images/bicycling/56504.jpg
Tools include: 2,2.5,3,4,5,6 and 8 mm Allen wrenches, Philips and flat head screwdrivers, a Torx T25 bit for disc brakes, a chain hook, a universal chain tool, 2 tire levers, spoke wrenches for 14 and 15g.
One tire lever has an inserted 4 mm Allen wrench for chain rivet.
Size: 3.9 in x 1.7 in 1 in.
Wt: 160 grams

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
This has saved me many times. Chain break and spoke wrenches are especially handy
My mate has this one! Lucky he does actually because it saved me one day when i twisted my chain, he cut the chain down with it and i just kept it in high gears for the rest of the day was so thankful he brought it with us. Top quality chain breaker too! And the tyre levers act as an allen key too!

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
My Park Tool 3-way allen. It's got a 4, 5, and 6mm side and was really cheap for me. (I found it on the side of the road! tup )

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
I really enjoy my hands, probably the best tool and there also the cheapest because last time i checked they were free. lol

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
My Dremell (Precision Rotational Tool) it's cool to cut V-Brake rail and seat tube and seat post in couple of sec!

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 7:38 Quote
BMX8000 wrote:
I really enjoy my hands, probably the best tool and there also the cheapest because last time i checked they were free. lol
You f'n cracked me up with this one! GOOOD MORNIN TOOL SHED! LMAO tup I posted this wegway on my myspace too... under heros---my hands they're alway by my side through thick and thin, and they never talk back when I need them for a good whackin! LMAO Eek

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.043756
Mobile Version of Website