PB Forum :: Intense
Anyone still on an older Intense?
Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 10:47 Quote
Did you lose your snips mate? A lot of tails on your cable ties Big Grin

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Dammit.. I KNEW someone was gonna point that out! Facepalm lol lol

I did cut them off later lol i think at the time i was just so happy with how it turned out
that i couldn't help myself and took a few pics of it.

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
kayakosaeki66 wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

I did cut them off later lol i think at the time i was just so happy with how it turned out

Cant blame you, looks great to me tup Extra points for Shiver DC

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 17:19 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
kayakosaeki66 wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Cant blame you, looks great to me tup Extra points for Shiver DC

Thanks man, wish i still had it, (Sold it like an idiot) Yeah i've had 2 pairs of shivers before and i've always found them to be decent no nonsense forks.

Gonna get either a totem or a 36 for the 6.6 ss frame i have to build (probably a totem 40mm stanchions they have IF i remember rightly so the burlier the better if not i think it was 38mm stanchions.) A lyrik is another possibility.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 6:02 Quote
I'm still riding my M 1

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
I'm still on a 2003 Spider XVP .... I keep playing around with it and updating it little by little and I have yet to find a real reason to actually replace it. Just added some Guide Ultimates and finished my Rockshox Reverb install earlier today. Being older, it definitely was not routed for an internal dropper post but a drill bit, small file and rubber grommet made short work of that triviality Wink

Intense Spider
Rockshox Reverb w custom routing

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 12:01 Quote
SuperUltraKel wrote:
I'm still on a 2003 Spider XVP .... I keep playing around with it and updating it little by little and I have yet to find a real reason to actually replace it. Just added some Guide Ultimates and finished my Rockshox Reverb install earlier today. Being older, it definitely was not routed for an internal dropper post but a drill bit, small file and rubber grommet made short work of that triviality Wink

Intense Spider
Rockshox Reverb w custom routing

Yes there’s no reason to get rid of that beautiful machine, nice job on the seat post, I was going to do that to my first gen carbine that didn’t have internal seatpost routing.

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 21:05 Quote
strider wrote:
sold it, but Its still out in BC right now same build as when i had it

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 21:10 Quote
Have a M16
but love my Socom
photo

Thinking of running a 180mm SC fork and a dropper, for a bit of 'Enduro'

FL
Posted: May 10, 2018 at 10:52 Quote
Finally remembered to get pictures!
It's short, it's not low but it is fairly slack with the long forks, some offset hardware should drop the BB and head angle some more.

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 19:32 Quote
photo
I'm pretty sure I just finished up my '03 Spider build. I've been experimenting with parts and going back and forth with a few ideas, but I think I am finally settled on what I like.

2003 Intense Spider XVP Frame w/ Fox RP23 shock
Fox F100x fork
Duckflap fender
DT Swiss XR1450 wheelset with upgraded 54 tooth star ratchet
Continental Mountain King Protection tires (2.4 F / 2.2 R) setup tubeless
Sram Guide Ultimate Brakes
Ashima Airotor Rotors (200 F / 180 R)
Chris King Headset
Thomson Elite x4 Stem 70mm
Deity BlackLabel bar
Sram X1 11spd shifter
Red Monkey Klampz grips
Thomson Elite setback seatpost
Fizik Gobi saddle
EThirteen XCX crankset w/ BB
Crankbrothers Eggbeater 2 pedals
RaceFace 32T NW Chainring
Sram 11spd chain
Sram X01 Rear Derailleur
Sram NX cassette w/ Wolftooth Cassette extender (11-49)

I experimented with shorter travel forks, flat pedals, SPD pedals, a couple different dropper posts, different length stems, different width handlebars, different grips, different saddles, a few different derailleurs, chainrings, chainguides, brakes, tires .... pretty much everything .... and this is what I ended up with. Say what you will about it being an older 26" bike but this thing will fly. Someday I may actually break down and get a newer bike but until then I'm having too much fun on this fun little rocketship Wink

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
Bump, love to see some more.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
forteh wrote:
Finally remembered to get pictures!
It's short, it's not low but it is fairly slack with the long forks, some offset hardware should drop the BB and head angle some more.

photo

photo

That Dog looks like he should be riding a size larger, lol sweet ride!

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
photo

I recently did some upgrading to the old Uzzi. She's got a set of 27.5 x 30mm IW Rovals with Minion 2.60's. Haven't had the opportunity to trail ride yet. Had it up to Ray's in Cleveland but the suspension is FAR from dialed in. Got bucked off a couple of times OTB there. Should be a blast once set up properly. The old setup had a 160 Vanilla RC2 and DHX4 Coil. The Hope brakes are from when I first built this thing in 2009 and are still going strong.

Will likely take all this stuff and put on a new frame this fall. The rear derailleur hanger is finicky and if not perfectly straight and all components right, it won't shift right. Looks as though G3's are scarce as hen's teeth right now too, although they don't look that hard to make with a mill.

Dropper post coming!

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
shag555 wrote:
photo

I recently did some upgrading to the old Uzzi. She's got a set of 27.5 x 30mm IW Rovals with Minion 2.60's. Haven't had the opportunity to trail ride yet. Had it up to Ray's in Cleveland but the suspension is FAR from dialed in. Got bucked off a couple of times OTB there. Should be a blast once set up properly. The old setup had a 160 Vanilla RC2 and DHX4 Coil. The Hope brakes are from when I first built this thing in 2009 and are still going strong.

Will likely take all this stuff and put on a new frame this fall. The rear derailleur hanger is finicky and if not perfectly straight and all components right, it won't shift right. Looks as though G3's are scarce as hen's teeth right now too, although they don't look that hard to make with a mill.

Dropper post coming!

Love this bike!

The Socom I have pictured further up the thread....I'm no longer going to 'enduro' it... I'm going to make an UrbanDH Assault Vehicle lol

I'm going to single speed conversion, carbon rims and holyroller tyres. The Socom platform jumps amazing, I'd imagine a shorter travel Uzzi would be even better.

Love this alloy era and range of Intense from the Tazer-SS-Uzzi-Socom

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031653
Mobile Version of Website