Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 6:45 Quote
I am looking forward for your opinion after first ride (about uphill, downhill, etc). I am about to get enduro / trail bike this summer and I am still choosing between Capra and Jeffsy (3rd option Propain Tyee? - however I am more closer to YT manufacture because I am happy owner of Tues 2.0 Pro Smile )

CF or AL thats the next question Big Grin , I saw problems with cracking CF Capra and I am curious what situation will be with Jeffsy.

Regards and safe cycling Big Grin
Maciek

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 8:22 Quote
Glad to hear it. Thank you

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 11:19 Quote
OK so have a Jeffsy Pro, I'm two rides in, 5000ft of climbing and decending. A local trails ride consisting of Singletrack and some steep techy DH stuff, then today ar FoD trail centre - blue, Red, some Fod Off piste (Previous Enduro trails) and a couple of FoD DH runs.

To sum it up, this bike is very very fun. I'd say its the best 29er I've ridden. It's the easiest 29er I've ridden to get air, its super poppy, chuckable. Super quick steering. Along with the Evil following and Canfield Riot it joins the very very small number of 29ers that handle like a 650b.

The nearest bike i've ridden/owned to this is the evil following Because of the super progressive sus curve, It peddles like the following (only more efficient) and is about the same in the playful stakes, but where the following showed its 120mm travel limit in successive hits, the Jeffsy copes better. Not, not as well as a capra would, but better than a Following.

This is going to be another 5* / bike of the year / super bike for YT...

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 11:29 Quote
Richt2000

What size bike did you get, and what size are you if you don't mind me asking. may as well get the sizing questions started

Cheers
Alan

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 12:04 Quote
alanme wrote:
Richt2000

What size bike did you get, and what size are you if you don't mind me asking. may as well get the sizing questions started

Cheers
Alan

I am 188cm, 94cm inseam. Those are long legs for my height, which means my torso is shorter than average for my height. I am bang on between an L and an XL.

Luckily I got to carpark ride a L and XL at the YT rolling circus 2 weeks ago. I could easily ride both sizes, but I went for L due to:

Reverb post on L only needed to come out of the frame 2 inches or so where as XL meant reverb pretty much slammed (maybe 1/2 inch up). Effective seat angle is quite steep, and seated room with a 50mm stem is perfect for me (remeber I have a shorter than average body).

I wouldn't want standing reach to be any shorter though - To compensate, I have swapped to a 35mm riser bar and removed the 15mm of spacers, which increases reach by 5mm, yet gives me the quicker steering of a 50mm stem (plus I hate apex stems)

If you are inbetween sizes, and have average inseam and torso, want a shorter stem ita probably worth going for the bigger of the sizes.

For me, if I can ride the smaller (Ie it doesn't mean too much seatpost and hence much slacker seat angle)
of the 2 sizes I would always go smaller for chuckability...

Sizing wise its fairly similar to the capra in terms of reach / eTT

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
Only changes I've made is bars/stem, swapped the rear tyre out for a nobby nic trailstar 2.35 (its dry as a bone here in UK) and dropped down to a 30T front cog - 32T on a 29er isnthe equiv of a 34 on a 650b and too tough for my knee injuries...

Oh and got rid of that aweful saddle - bel air Ti to give a lot more comfort...

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 13:16 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Only changes I've made is bars/stem, swapped the rear tyre out for a nobby nic trailstar 2.35 (its dry as a bone here in UK) and dropped down to a 30T front cog - 32T on a 29er isnthe equiv of a 34 on a 650b and too tough for my knee injuries...

Thanks for that, hopefully going to get a sit on one tomorrow at Fort Bill, got a broken wrist so can't demo, I am 177cm but currently ride a Large transition scout with 457 reach, wheelbase is the same as the large Jeffsy, do the bigger wheels make the bike feel bigger, as I would be quite happy with the reach and wheelbase on the large but dont want it to feel like a gate, have a 32 1/2 inseam so seat tube length wouldn't be a problem

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 15:13 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:

Same here, going to give the duster one last try but they feel awful compared to the good old bel airs.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 12:48 Quote
Really want a Jeffsy now based on what I've read!!

Would you mind measuring the BB height for me please as every bike I've tried recently seems to have a stupidly low one as the current trend dictates where I think the sweet spot for my local terrain is around 13.4" ish?

Many thanks

J Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 6:23 Quote
JustJ wrote:

Would you mind measuring the BB height for me please as every bike I've tried recently seems to have a stupidly low one as the current trend dictates where I think the sweet spot for my local terrain is around 13.4" ish?

Many thanks

J Smile

In low mode (i presume as its in default setting) bb is 13.4 bang on!

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 7:50 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
JustJ wrote:

Many thanks

J Smile

In low mode (i presume as its in default setting) bb is 13.4 bang on!

Couldn't be better for me, awesome! Thank you Smile

Posted: Jun 6, 2016 at 23:28 Quote
rampage-80 wrote:
Guess who arrived today.... Happy days! Big Grin

Guess who turned up today....

How you finding it?

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 0:20 Quote
He's too busy riding it Big Grin

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 0:50 Quote
Yt said mine was being despatched yesterday but still no tracking number .....sigh

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 5:10 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
Yt said mine was being despatched yesterday but still no tracking number .....sigh

Log back into your YT account, have a look at the order, you should find the number there

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018174
Mobile Version of Website