Powered by Outside

Scams & Stolen Bikes Forum Guidelines and Tips

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Scams & Stolen Bikes Forum Guidelines and Tips
Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 18:48 Quote
whatever...i am done playing games. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. ARALIUS

For someone who says he has sold tons of things on pinkbike.....why is his account only two months old. think about it...either you are full of shit (yes definitely), or you have multiple account on pinkbike and have been scamming people for a while.

PINKBIKE...look into this scammer

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 at 14:50 Quote
Too many scammers on this site. Seems like every other seller I contact is trying to get your money. I've lost £30 to a guy called "commencal1supreme". Pinkbike better do something to try and minimise this before someone finds a way to pin on you guys

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 8:05 Quote
What if someone says you are a scammed and you aren't in my case I went to pickup some bars and he had my cell I waited told him what I drove and now he posted that I am a scammer.I have been a member since 2005 and enjoyed it until this , I have met great people fro all over the world and now they think I am a scammer because some kid can't call me and tell me who he is ,the number he gave me was his house number no one was home,that didn't help,I think I have tried to contact the right people at pink bike . His name is djrider55 and mine is broken if there is someone out there that can help me please I need to clear my name, thank you Rick Giasson

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 15:49 Quote
I have a kid from Ireland wanting to swap his Giant Glory 2008 with RS Boxxer 2008's for my Giant Reign with 2012 Fox 36's, which i thought wasnt a bad deal.

so i started speaking to him more and it turns out he knows jackshit about his bike, he didnt even know that his steerer for his frame was a tapered steerer, doesnt the the bb size and not much else.

So i'm a bit iffy with this deal and wasnt sure where to go with it?

suggestions? cheers

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2012 at 18:50 Quote
Hey anybody sell an item and the person say they recieved the package with something else in it? Then ask for a refund? Saying someone must have switched it at the post office?

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 9:05 Quote
Hi, I was just wondering if it was a bit odd getting a message about something I am selling starting Hi (Username), for example: Hiya laura-richer, I would like to buy your frame, etc etc etc?
I have never had anyone start messages like that before with anything I have sold, I just thought it sounded a bit automated. I have had 2 from 2 different people about 2 different items.

Mod
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 9:58 Quote
laura-richer wrote:
Hi, I was just wondering if it was a bit odd getting a message about something I am selling starting Hi (Username), for example: Hiya laura-richer, I would like to buy your frame, etc etc etc?
I have never had anyone start messages like that before with anything I have sold, I just thought it sounded a bit automated. I have had 2 from 2 different people about 2 different items.

Doesn't seem odd to me...that's how I address users if I don't know their real name.

Mod
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 10:02 Quote
crazyrick3 wrote:
What if someone says you are a scammed and you aren't in my case I went to pickup some bars and he had my cell I waited told him what I drove and now he posted that I am a scammer.I have been a member since 2005 and enjoyed it until this , I have met great people fro all over the world and now they think I am a scammer because some kid can't call me and tell me who he is ,the number he gave me was his house number no one was home,that didn't help,I think I have tried to contact the right people at pink bike . His name is djrider55 and mine is broken if there is someone out there that can help me please I need to clear my name, thank you Rick Giasson

I wouldn't worry. I haven't seen a report myself, but I can't see how him wasting your time (and fuel) constitutes you being a scammer. lol

Mod
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 10:06 Quote
johnny-compton wrote:
I have a kid from Ireland wanting to swap his Giant Glory 2008 with RS Boxxer 2008's for my Giant Reign with 2012 Fox 36's, which i thought wasnt a bad deal.

so i started speaking to him more and it turns out he knows jackshit about his bike, he didnt even know that his steerer for his frame was a tapered steerer, doesnt the the bb size and not much else.

So i'm a bit iffy with this deal and wasnt sure where to go with it?

suggestions? cheers

Hmmm, sounds 50/50.....he could just be an ignorant noob, but if alarm bells are ringing and he can't abate them then I say walk away. 2 cents

Mod
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 10:09 Quote
gksatte wrote:
Hey anybody sell an item and the person say they recieved the package with something else in it? Then ask for a refund? Saying someone must have switched it at the post office?

Hmmm, it's not unheard of for stuff to get lost in the mail, but for and item to be "swapped" - well, that sounds like bs to me....inbox me some more info. Salute

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 11:21 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Doesn't seem odd to me...that's how I address users if I don't know their real name.

Fair enough, It just seemed a bit formal, I just wanted to make double sure Smile

Mod
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 13:39 Quote
laura-richer wrote:
almostwise wrote:

Fair enough, It just seemed a bit formal, I just wanted to make double sure Smile

Doesn't mean it isn't dodgy though, so always be sure to ask plenty of questions and only go for it if you're 100% confident in the buyer / seller.....and please use PayPal GOODS or COD (so many people still use bank transfer or PP gift)

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
Cool, thanks for the advice. I always pay goods anyway, so much safer Smile

Posted: Sep 22, 2012 at 16:20 Quote
Me and my friend's BMX's both got stolen last night. I have made a group for us and anyone else who has to deal with lowlife bike hijackers. Please share and get the word out, I am just sending this message to anyone who rides: https://www.facebook.com/groups/285688764865344/

Thank you

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021885
Mobile Version of Website