Powered by Outside

forum closed

PB Forum :: Beginners
forum closed
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
yeah its cool dont even know the roots are there on the m3 lol

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
same on my norco, i'd love to try a commencal or an orange 224 down there, i bet they'd be so nice to ride on black run, lol

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
yeah they would be nice bikes to ride there, i had my old v10 there it was pukka, bet your norco is fast there?

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
m3 rides so smooth over roots there. used to ride there on an old orange patriot,so 224 should be pretty good there.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
thealchemist wrote:
m3 rides so smooth over roots there. used to ride there on an old orange patriot,so 224 should be pretty good there.

yeah you was fast on that patriot mate cant beat that m3 thotup

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
i dunno saw somebody going fast as f*ck on an appalache there before

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
cptkirk wrote:
thealchemist wrote:

yeah you was fast on that patriot mate cant beat that m3 thotup
yeah m3 is the nuts. patriot is old but still a good ride.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
yeah there are sum proper fast rides thereBig Grin hope it opens up like it used to be packed on sundays againtup

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
cptkirk wrote:
yeah there are sum proper fast rides thereBig Grin hope it opens up like it used to be packed on sundays againtup
pukka times last summer at aston. need more of the same this year.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 0:43 Quote
sykesy wrote:
the gates have been shut since december and will be for at least another month, however it should be open again before the demo day in april. at least we can be glad that we missed the winter and not the summer, eh?

It might be open by the demo day, but some guy said it would be open JUST for the demo day, not definately before it

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 3:31 Quote
Here's an idea: what with the olympics on the horizon, how a
bout getting a petition together to save Aston Hills? With the help of other sites (can i suggestwww.singletrackworld.com forum) and a petition sent to the government, we might be able to get somewhere. Singletrackworld recently tried to save Eastway (to have the olympic stadium built on it) and although they failed awareness was raised considerably. Let's try it it's worth a go.
Now, if anyone knows how to start an online petition- do it!!!! (I'm not that technically minded). Fab

On a lighter note- ever tried riding a hardtail down the ultimate pursuits??? I've never laughed so much! Or been so scared!! Beer

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 3:40 Quote
humanoid1989 wrote:
Here's an idea: what with the olympics on the horizon, how a
bout getting a petition together to save Aston Hills? With the help of other sites (can i suggestwww.singletrackworld.com forum) and a petition sent to the government, we might be able to get somewhere. Singletrackworld recently tried to save Eastway (to have the olympic stadium built on it) and although they failed awareness was raised considerably. Let's try it it's worth a go.
Now, if anyone knows how to start an online petition- do it!!!! (I'm not that technically minded). Fab

On a lighter note- ever tried riding a hardtail down the ultimate pursuits??? I've never laughed so much! Or been so scared!! Beer

Haha, hardtail down ultimate puruits sounds awesome!

Ridden my mates hardtail down DH3 just to show him it wasnt impossible...he was a wuss and kept complaining his bike was gonna break etc... anyways, yer...lets save the hill!

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 4:08 Quote
Spoke to 'The Abbot' at Chicky the other week, he said they're hoping to be open by the demo day in April. In the meantime, apparently they've done up the black run and put a nice big berm in after the drop so you can hit it flat out - word is it's riding an absolute treat!! I think the new committee are set up and just putting the finishing touches to the legal stuff, in terms of sorting out when it's going to be open, how much to charge etc.

Can't wait to be back on DH3, going to ride it on my HT from now on...

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 4:28 Quote
meh, dh3 isn't steep enough, now ultimate pursuits is where it's at for some steep and fast gnar!

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 8:34 Quote
jimmo26 wrote:
Spoke to 'The Abbot' at Chicky the other week, he said they're hoping to be open by the demo day in April. In the meantime, apparently they've done up the black run and put a nice big berm in after the drop so you can hit it flat out - word is it's riding an absolute treat!! I think the new committee are set up and just putting the finishing touches to the legal stuff, in terms of sorting out when it's going to be open, how much to charge etc.

Can't wait to be back on DH3, going to ride it on my HT from now on...

Thats awesome news!

P.S. By "the Abbot" do you mean richard abbot by any chance?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010033
Mobile Version of Website