Powered by Outside

What would this be?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What would this be?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
odin333 wrote:
yeah, 180 degrees is half a circle, or half a frontflip technically, so then after you do that 180 degrees you would be looking at the take-off (upside down) correct?

Not correct as far as I can see.

Once you do the half front flip, you are already facing the take-off upside down. If you did a 180 to the left or the right, you would be facing the landing and not the take-off.

However, everything else is right including your diagrams. It wouldn't be a 180 front or 180 backflip, simply because a you can't call half a flip a flip. Name it whatever you want because I doubt there's an actual name for it.

I don't expect to ever see it landed though.

Edit*

Technically you're facing the sky once you do half the frontflip but your head is closest to the take off. I see what you mean now, you could say you're facing the landing.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
i don't know what it'd be but i no it'd end with ur spine coming out of your ear

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
It's been done on BMX in a quarter pipe, but just like a 180 frontflip, not to fakie.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
this should be called the "True Man test" move or the "see u in heaven in about 70 years" move, either way, i don't think it is possible unless ur falling from an airplane or u are jacked and on PCP but nice idea... i'd pay to see some one land it alive and on wheels

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
On wakeboard I always called that a whurlie bird! But when it comes to tricks and if I do it without knowing what it is called I just make something up.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
you know if you can picture it in your mind, id say it would be like a 180 barrel roll, but it wouldnt be pefect upside down flips. and to answer your question, im pretty sure you cant stop a flip in the middle and start flipping the other way:P lol

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
I believe my brain has just exploded.Blank Stare

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
i'm pretty sure it is imposible to change the rotation of a front flip into the rotation of a back flip in the air with out hitting something. thik about it with out the 180. that would be breaking the laws of physics and damnit, physics do what i say!

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
well technically you could, especially if you did it really slow. like doing the first 180 rotation in like 20 seconds. but thats impossible unless you get dragged by a rocket car off a 300 foot jump.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
odin333 wrote:
well technically you could, especially if you did it really slow. like doing the first 180 rotation in like 20 seconds. but thats impossible unless you get dragged by a rocket car off a 300 foot jump.
you have nothing to make your forward rotation stop though, the laws of physics would have to be broken. (this smiley could do it Batman ) (they really need a chuck norris smiley.)

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
well your not trying to change your path of direction. couldn't you just push your legs out forward and lean back which would twist you backwards?

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
odin333 wrote:
well your not trying to change your path of direction. couldn't you just push your legs out forward and lean back which would twist you backwards?
the most that would do is slow your rotation more, not stop it or change it. it's the same principal as trying to change direction but with rotation, there's no way to do it. (other thant model rocket engines strapped to your ass....)

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010811
Mobile Version of Website