Powered by Outside

What are the best mechanical discs!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What are the best mechanical discs!
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 18:13 Quote
bb-7s, hands down.

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 20:26 Quote
just incase you want some reasoning as to why the bb7s are so good.

they are easy to adjust, you can tune your brakes on the side of the road without tools. i do mine while still riding most of the time even. its got 2 knobs for positioning the pads, and they are big, and red, and impossible to miss. imo they are the only choice for mechanical disc brakes

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 20:52 Quote
BB5's or 7's

I had 5's on my chase and loved them, they have the same power as the 7's, but the 7's are apparently easier to adjust, but I found my BB5's super easy to adjust anyways.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
avid bb7 are the sh!t

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 7:55 Quote
jonlake wrote:
as hodges said.. theres another company (slipped my mind at the moment) that have to moving pistons like a hydro unlike mechs that push one pad into the other. Bengal may be something to check out as well.
also keep in mine cable, housing, lever, and set up have a big effect. for instance I've seen HMX-4's work way better then a BB7.

The company you are thinking of is IRD(interloc racing design), here's a link:

http://www.interlocracing.com/discbrake.html

But I would still agree with pretty much every one else on here: BB7's!!!tup

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 8:06 Quote
BB7's by far. 5's aren't bad but the sevens are so easy to adjust, you can do inbetween rides, or right before you drop in.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 18:43 Quote
I hear the IRD dual bangers work great, but myself use the BB7s on my hardtail XC bike. They work just fine, though I've lost the outer red knob for adjustments for my front brake (anyone know if you can get replacements?).

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 8:04 Quote
nickgallant wrote:
I hear the IRD dual bangers work great, but myself use the BB7s on my hardtail XC bike. They work just fine, though I've lost the outer red knob for adjustments for my front brake (anyone know if you can get replacements?).

yes you can get replacements. Go to a shop that uses the QBP catolog, and there should be something avail in the brakes/small-parts section.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.210645
Mobile Version of Website