Powered by Outside

Delirium as a Full On DH BEAST!

PB Forum :: Knolly
Delirium as a Full On DH BEAST!
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 17:37 Quote
gosh darn I wanna try one of these! but at about $3500 AUS just for the frame its a big ask!

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 8:30 Quote
Bringing this thread back, I wanted to make my bike as a Freeride Enduro but at the moment it's more DH, no dropper, just a climb switch and 1x10. It can climb, it's heavy, coil front and rear but it can. But as soon as I got to a downhill bit, that's where the fun began. Can't wait to take it to some proper trails

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 23:22 Quote
I already have a Warden and primarily ride park and DH trails. Entered a few races but no way I can compete against the big plow machines. How big a difference between the derlirium & Warden and Delerium & Podium. You can pick up used podiums for the price of a delerium frame.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 5:37 Quote
ttchad wrote:
I already have a Warden and primarily ride park and DH trails. Entered a few races but no way I can compete against the big plow machines. How big a difference between the derlirium & Warden and Delerium & Podium. You can pick up used podiums for the price of a delerium frame.

If you want a DH bike and don't need it to climb - get the Podium. The Delirium does well as a DH bike but a Podium will do better.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 5:49 Quote
^I second this. My podium was a goddamn beast for DH but I wouldn't want to pedal it very far.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 6:17 Quote
Delirium is a complicated bike to explain because you can do so much with it. You can long shock it and slap dual crowns on it as well, but it won't feel like a race ready DH bike and more of a Freeride park bike. It's great bike and I love it. Suits my riding extremely well but the podium is the better DH bike in the end. They should be coming out with the updated podium this year

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 11:29 Quote
Hey I'm thinking about replacing the ccdb air (8.5" x 2.5") on my 2017 Knolly delirium with a long shocked fox x2 (8.75" x 2.75).

For those who are using offset bushings, can you list which offset bushings you went with.
I'm looking at the pair from offsetbushings.com.
Is there anything else I would need to install?
Ive sent an email into them as well.
TIA

O+
Posted: May 30, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
FYI - I was told by Ken at Knolly that you only need the offset bushing at the top of the shock eyelet.

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 12:45 Quote
mdg3d wrote:
FYI - I was told by Ken at Knolly that you only need the offset bushing at the top of the shock eyelet.

Oh so with just one offset bushing, it brings the head angle and BB height back to normal 8.5" shock geometry?
And with both offset bushings it would slacken it more and lower it moreso than normal?

O+
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 3:16 Quote
Another Knolly rep said this about running two offset bushings with a 8.75 X 2.75 shock. "The offset bushings returns original geo while the shocks provided 185mm travel."

This is what Knolly sent me
photo

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 3:56 Quote
Thanks for the info mdg3d.

I contacted offsetbushings.com and they replied with:
"A pair of Offset Bushings will reduce the length by 4mm / 0.16”, so you’d need to run more sag than standard to maintain stock geometry with a shock that much longer."

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 5:31 Quote
Good to know. I just bought a Delirium and will eventually be running the longer shock setup so any info is helpful.

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 11:13 Quote
Knolly Delirium webpage says Reducer & hardware spec: Top 21.8mm x M8 / Bottom 33.0mm x M8

The 33mm requires custom bushing from offsetbushings.com

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 8:22 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:
Knolly Delirium webpage says Reducer & hardware spec: Top 21.8mm x M8 / Bottom 33.0mm x M8

The 33mm requires custom bushing from offsetbushings.com
Did you end up ordering both? And if so what was the cost for the custom bushing?

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
I haven't ordered anything or inquired about the custom bushing cost.

There's a post over at mtbr about the longshocking / using offset bushings on the deli.

One of the members over there is using only the one 22mm 2mm offset bushing. I asked why just the one, and he responded with:
"More than 2mm will cause contact between the link and seat-tube according to Knolly."

I'm out of town for work for a couple weeks, so I'm unable to do any measurements and determine if that actually is the case.

I'm a bit concerned with how much higher my bb would be as well as the head tube angle being higher (especially with just the one offset bushing).

I'm going to look into it further, and also try to dial in my normal length ccdb air a bit better and then decide if I should go for the longshock route.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014285
Mobile Version of Website