manitou circus expert & r7pro steerer problem

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
manitou circus expert & r7pro steerer problem
Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 4:43 Quote
Don23 wrote:
I have circus expert 2017 they do the same sh*t
Any time I go for 180 or flat ground 360 it creaks and it's annoying as hell I like a silent tight bike

yeah its crap i couldnt stand it, let me know how you go with calling them if you do mate, i thought about trying to follow it up but couldnt be bothered really because im not using them now anyway

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
then now understand why can did buy by 229 e in chain reaction when his real price are 120 e more ....

i buyed one fork circus expert last month at this price , 229 e , , but still are in the box , i dont know if return

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 21:37 Quote
I got mine from chain reaction too

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 21:38 Quote
Other than the noise here and there the forks are sick

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 18:05 Quote
My 2017 Circus Expert forks broke loose in the same spot (steer tube/crown). Manitou replaced them and now the new fork is having the same problem just a few months later. I'm not impressed at all with Manitou at this point. I mostly just ride on a BMX race track with them. They should not break that easy.

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 1:21 Quote
you guys running the straight or tapered?

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 2:13 Quote
i had the problem with the straight version to start with so i upgraded to the tapered version. the tapered version are alot better but still managed to get it to do the same thing. i have no luck with forks

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 2:17 Quote
Maconbass wrote:
My 2017 Circus Expert forks broke loose in the same spot (steer tube/crown). Manitou replaced them and now the new fork is having the same problem just a few months later. I'm not impressed at all with Manitou at this point. I mostly just ride on a BMX race track with them. They should not break that easy.

it happened to me at a bmx track too, and light street riding, like 180s off curbs and small stuff like that

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 12:26 Quote
Hey guys. I just got a Circus Comp to replace a trashed fork on my DJ bike. After just messing around at the pump track, this steer tube issue (pulling through the crown) is happening to me. Mine went from just proud 1mm or so on the bottom, to about 2mm past the lip.

It feels like the steer tube just isn't seated fully. Will it eventually hit a maximum point and stop pulling through? Those of you with this issue, did it eventually sort itself out?

Edit: I have the tapered version.

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 1:11 Quote
jslatts wrote:
Hey guys. I just got a Circus Comp to replace a trashed fork on my DJ bike. After just messing around at the pump track, this steer tube issue (pulling through the crown) is happening to me. Mine went from just proud 1mm or so on the bottom, to about 2mm past the lip.

It feels like the steer tube just isn't seated fully. Will it eventually hit a maximum point and stop pulling through? Those of you with this issue, did it eventually sort itself out?

Edit: I have the tapered version.

my straight version went about 3mm or so then i stopped riding them

my tapered version is about 2mm past the lip, it hasnt done it for a month or so now but i make sure i go easy on it, i reckon if i rode it hard it would definitely keep pulling through further. i run them softer than i would like to just to try take some of the impact away from the steerer

i bought a pair of 2017 marzocchi 55 slope cr forks to replace the circus but the were faulty out of the box so i have to send them back for warrenty. they feel 1000 times better and more solid than the circus though so once i get them back from warranty hopefully i wont have any more fork problems. if your looking for an upgrade i would recommend the 55 slope, i just unfortunately got a faulty pair which they are happy to sort out for me

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 9:44 Quote
nsdecade wrote:

my tapered version is about 2mm past the lip, it hasnt done it for a month or so now but i make sure i go easy on it, i reckon if i rode it hard it would definitely keep pulling through further. i run them softer than i would like to just to try take some of the impact away from the steerer

i bought a pair of 2017 marzocchi 55 slope cr forks to replace the circus but the were faulty out of the box so i have to send them back for warrenty. they feel 1000 times better and more solid than the circus though so once i get them back from warranty hopefully i wont have any more fork problems. if your looking for an upgrade i would recommend the 55 slope, i just unfortunately got a faulty pair which they are happy to sort out for me

Thanks for the info. I'm really trying not to invest more in this bike so that I can avoid being murdered by my wife Smile

I don't see how the taper steer tube could actually pull through. After a certain point, it is simply to wide to fit through the crown. Mine hasn't done it again after the last round of tightening it up. Maybe I'm good now.

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
jslatts wrote:
nsdecade wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'm really trying not to invest more in this bike so that I can avoid being murdered by my wife Smile

I don't see how the taper steer tube could actually pull through. After a certain point, it is simply to wide to fit through the crown. Mine hasn't done it again after the last round of tightening it up. Maybe I'm good now.

no problems, hopefully your right, il start riding mine harder when my new ones are on their way back and see what
happens

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 at 2:29 Quote
i think you could be right about it getting to a certain point and not being able to go any further, i rode mine pretty hard the other day, basically didnt hold back on them at all, had a few hard cases on big jumps and no loose headset

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 20:52 Quote
nsdecade wrote:
i think you could be right about it getting to a certain point and not being able to go any further, i rode mine pretty hard the other day, basically didnt hold back on them at all, had a few hard cases on big jumps and no loose headset

I just came back to say the same thing. After the first few days of riding, it stopped moving. Lots of hard cases since then and it has been fine!

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 0:59 Quote
good stuff man!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045462
Mobile Version of Website