Powered by Outside

2018 Carbine or 2018 Tracer

PB Forum :: Intense
2018 Carbine or 2018 Tracer
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
6 frames in 4 years??
Loose some weight and get your ass off the seat. Always gotta be a heater in the crowd.
I have the tracer and love it!

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
Milaman291 are you over the age of 12? You're assuming that I am fat and you called me heater. You spell like a tool, I think you meant hater which is probably equally terrible unless your 16. The body count is at 7 frames now. I just broke a front triangle on the 2018 tracer. I am still waiting for an intense to last 104 rides without failure (2 rides per week x 52 weeks=104 rides)

FL
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:
Milaman291 are you over the age of 12? You're assuming that I am fat and you called me heater. You spell like a tool, I think you meant hater which is probably equally terrible unless your 16. The body count is at 7 frames now. I just broke a front triangle on the 2018 tracer. I am still waiting for an intense to last 104 rides without failure (2 rides per week x 52 weeks=104 rides)

I just rode a primer in the windrock enduro. and the bike went through hell and back the only issue i had the whole weekend was bearings getting crusty and im sure you have seen pictures from the pro grt that weekend...

dude 7 frames the issue is you not the manufacture. your doing something, what IDK but ive put my primer through hell and never had a issue with the frame set. OR you either have the best luck in the world or the worst my 2 cents.

But going around bashing a brand on the internet not the way to go, especially with out giving details of the failures so that people can make educated decisions.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 22:20 Quote
Hey onelivinlarge
I am glad you enjoyed your enduro ride. I gather you don't own the primer, lets talk after 80 windrock enduro rides. I never said intense bikes dont rail berms or shred chunk like butter. Sharing my experience is different than bashing a brand. I can refer you to my LBS so you can talk to my mechanic or I can provide photos of some pattern failures. Every coin has two sides you got heads I got 7 tails.

FL
Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:
Hey onelivinlarge
I am glad you enjoyed your enduro ride. I gather you don't own the primer, lets talk after 80 windrock enduro rides. I never said intense bikes dont rail berms or shred chunk like butter. Sharing my experience is different than bashing a brand. I can refer you to my LBS so you can talk to my mechanic or I can provide photos of some pattern failures. Every coin has two sides you got heads I got 7 tails.

I own the primer its my daily driver, no issues for over a year now. with lots of pisgah on that bike. my bad for not indicating that i own it.

my only point was in sharing your experience give more details rather then dont buy this brand they break ive broken xyz this number of times. it only gives part of the story, see what im saying, need those details. the nitty gritty

FL
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
I'd take the Carbine

photo

Mods:
2019 Fox 36 170mm with Grip 2
Deity black label bars and stem
Deity Seat
Shimano flats but moving to saint platform spds soon
Stans Flow Mk3 rims
Maxxis DHR and DHF in 2.5 WT
KS Lev dropper
Guide R brakes

I smash this Carbine at the bike park and it eats gnarly downhills for breakfast. Its light and FAST! Bout the only thing I wanna do is super deluxe rear.

EDIT I'm 5'11 riding a large, perfect size wise

FL
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
JNZ wrote:
I'd take the Carbine

photo

Mods:
2019 Fox 36 170mm with Grip 2
Deity black label bars and stem
Deity Seat
Shimano flats but moving to saint platform spds soon
Stans Flow Mk3 rims
Maxxis DHR and DHF in 2.5 WT
KS Lev dropper
Guide R brakes

I smash this Carbine at the bike park and it eats gnarly downhills for breakfast. Its light and FAST! Bout the only thing I wanna do is super deluxe rear.

EDIT I'm 5'11 riding a large, perfect size wise

psh skip that super deluxe you need a dhx2 so you have all the orange!

FL
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
onelivinlarge wrote:

psh skip that super deluxe you need a dhx2 so you have all the orange!

You have a good point, I'd love an X2 but so expensive over here

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 22:34 Quote
fkabs wrote:
nice bike!
I'm considering a 2018 carbine as well
which frame size did you get and how tall are you?

I have an '18 Carbine too (love it!!), and FYI, I'm 5'9" and got a medium frame.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
I went with the 2018 Tracer frame and built it up myself.
First real ride on my new Tracer. So far I m enjoying the feel and length of the bike. Just need to dial in the rear shock.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020765
Mobile Version of Website