Powered by Outside

HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
It's hard to smash up a halo SAS, i've been riding one for about a year now and it has been cased plenty of times with no i'll effects. However, You do compromise some weight for durability.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 2:27 Quote
cheers guys for the range of opinions by what im hearing i think my rear will will be replaced with and SAS prehaps

thanks
tup

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
gingersaurus wrote:
Samuell wrote:
Amazing really, no matter what subject you post theres always douche bags like "gingersaurus" and "Joshst" who think that there opinion on something completely different actually matters, i also find it funny that they quote wheels that they dont have and will probably never get!

Ive ridden DV wheels and halo wheels, halo SAS wins hands down, fair enough DV's are light but halo are sooooo much stronger! even in 24", i would even say combats are better to be honest, ive always found DV's build quality to be a bit shabby plus they seem to flex alot which some people like but personaly not for me! Although after saying all that the Revolver hubs do last! ive had one for 2 years and the bearings are just starting to go!

Not everone lives in poverty, so we can afford a decent set of wheels. I have had 2 sets of Pro2 on Pimplite wheels and found them infinately better than the machine built crap that is the DV and SAS wheels, of which I have had a set of each.

The DV rims are stupidly easy to buckle and made of cheese. The SAS wheels weigh a f*cktonne with no real advantage, as there a lighter and stronger rims out there.

Also what kind of insult is 'douche bag'? Come up with some decent insults you retard.

Haha amazing! its all well and good "saying" that you have had all these wheels, but surely if you did, you would put some better pictures of your bike up on your profile, because all i can see at the moment is some shit static hub on a bfr rim, and a front wheels that looks ready for the bin, and i dont need to come up with more insulting comments, your stupidity does that for me Big Grin
Also seems as your so intent on implying that your "minted" why dirt jumper 3's? surely some as well off as yourself could go for something better?

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
HALO!!!! all the way!!!! super light!!! and super strong!!!!! also look great!!!! they tested which rim was stronger between the dv and the sas and they where slowly getting crushed by a machine and the dv stud a while before some spokes snapped and the whole rim crushed in but the sas standed for ages until let of the machine!!!!

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
I'm running Halo SAS's w/ Halo Spin doctor's and love em. No problems, strong and look hella nice!
photo

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
Samuell wrote:
gingersaurus wrote:
Samuell wrote:
Amazing really, no matter what subject you post theres always douche bags like "gingersaurus" and "Joshst" who think that there opinion on something completely different actually matters, i also find it funny that they quote wheels that they dont have and will probably never get!

Ive ridden DV wheels and halo wheels, halo SAS wins hands down, fair enough DV's are light but halo are sooooo much stronger! even in 24", i would even say combats are better to be honest, ive always found DV's build quality to be a bit shabby plus they seem to flex alot which some people like but personaly not for me! Although after saying all that the Revolver hubs do last! ive had one for 2 years and the bearings are just starting to go!

Not everone lives in poverty, so we can afford a decent set of wheels. I have had 2 sets of Pro2 on Pimplite wheels and found them infinately better than the machine built crap that is the DV and SAS wheels, of which I have had a set of each.

The DV rims are stupidly easy to buckle and made of cheese. The SAS wheels weigh a f*cktonne with no real advantage, as there a lighter and stronger rims out there.

Also what kind of insult is 'douche bag'? Come up with some decent insults you retard.

Haha amazing! its all well and good "saying" that you have had all these wheels, but surely if you did, you would put some better pictures of your bike up on your profile, because all i can see at the moment is some shit static hub on a bfr rim, and a front wheels that looks ready for the bin, and i dont need to come up with more insulting comments, your stupidity does that for me Big Grin
Also seems as your so intent on implying that your "minted" why dirt jumper 3's? surely some as well off as yourself could go for something better?

I never once said I was minted, Why do I have to put pictures up? I don't care what other people think. For your information that was how the bike looked when I got it off a mate, has changed a fair amount since then.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
wouldnt touch the dmr comps i heard they flex a bit....i run halo sas/spin doctor front, and halo sas/djd rear wheel. They are good solid wheels, i admit there a tad heavy but you no they wont break, and the bearings havent seized in mine maybe you should look after them and give them a little grease!!
So i would go HALO mate

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
I think the master chief is the best choice......

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
what are you all saying DMR wheels are THE best (next to atomlab) Wheels EVER
end off

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
24seven06 wrote:
end off

what kind of DMR rims u have??

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 7:13 Quote
immenseturmoil wrote:
24seven06 wrote:
end off

DMR DV also have a set of combats
dv's in 48 spoke
such a strong wheel

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 7:28 Quote
24seven06 wrote:
immenseturmoil wrote:
24seven06 wrote:
end off

dv's in 48 spoke
such a strong wheel

ok...where did u get them??do they have the backlines??wat price??....i really need these rims

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
immenseturmoil wrote:
24seven06 wrote:
immenseturmoil wrote:

dv's in 48 spoke
such a strong wheel

ok...where did u get them??do they have the backlines??wat price??....i really need these rims

got them with my dmr transition lol would consider selling it for the right price

what are the blacklines ?

cheers

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
backlines are DMR rims....they look something like atomlabs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018305
Mobile Version of Website