Powered by Outside

Worst FreeRide/Dh tire

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Worst FreeRide/Dh tire
  • Next Page
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
north123shore wrote:
morse-code wrote:
I've got chunders that came on my bighit and so far they've been really good. I don't have much to compare them too but from what i've seen they're great.
The only thing that the chunder acually handles good is mud, it's a mud machine. When you hit the loose dirty going decently to pretty fast it's aweful. On slick rock its bad too.

I also don't like the maxxis lopes bling bling duals.

(not trying to chirp) but i had the soft compound chunder on my bih hit and for slick rocks (camp fortune) they were pretty good.. and as for loose conditions they might not be as good as some tires out there but if some one doesnt know how to handle a bike in loose conditoins (again not trying to chirp just stating a point) then they could say that about any tire!

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
thenotoriousmic wrote:
DAMZ wrote:
tioga factory 2.1 and 2.3, bad grip. and a lot of snake bites.

were a great tyre when they first came out.
still a good tire if bought off the shelf, but the tires that come spec on bikes suck in general! its always to try and save weight.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
bike-person wrote:
north123shore wrote:
morse-code wrote:
I've got chunders that came on my bighit and so far they've been really good. I don't have much to compare them too but from what i've seen they're great.
The only thing that the chunder acually handles good is mud, it's a mud machine. When you hit the loose dirty going decently to pretty fast it's aweful. On slick rock its bad too.

I also don't like the maxxis lopes bling bling duals.

(not trying to chirp) but i had the soft compound chunder on my bih hit and for slick rocks (camp fortune) they were pretty good.. and as for loose conditions they might not be as good as some tires out there but if some one doesnt know how to handle a bike in loose conditoins (again not trying to chirp just stating a point) then they could say that about any tire!
Yeah you have your points but i have used other tires like maxxis mobsters and minions and those tires stand far above the chunder in my opinion. I acually did go to c.o.p the other day though with my chunders and i found that they acaually worked pretty good though, but it was a little wet. I really only driffted around one turn where i was going fast but otherwise they were good.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
Pretty much you just want to decide on the thickenss of the tire you want and its compound. The different treads really dont make a WORLD of difference. The Stick-E compound Blue Grove and Nevegals by Kenda are fantastic for grip, but they have a shorter life (the tires will wear down faster) because their composition isn't very dense. I would also say dont go tubeless, personally. 2 cents

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
riley7 wrote:
Pretty much you just want to decide on the thickenss of the tire you want and its compound. The different treads really dont make a WORLD of difference. The Stick-E compound Blue Grove and Nevegals by Kenda are fantastic for grip, but they have a shorter life (the tires will wear down faster) because their composition isn't very dense. I would also say dont go tubeless, personally. 2 cents

i agree

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009420
Mobile Version of Website