Powered by Outside

Tennis Elbow

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Tennis Elbow
  • Next Page
Mod
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
So it was affecting my hands to the point that one of em felt like it had been slammed in a door and was broken, so the chiropractor I see sent me off for some acupuncture.. it was instant relief, but too expensive to maintain though. Right now it’s just going back for the Graston (torture) every 4-5 days.

I have a feeling unless I have a huge change of lifestyle and don’t use a computer at work, give up my cell and video games this problem is never going to really go away.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
I actually ended up getting a steroid like injection into my elbow. Helped a lot and now I’m all good. Sometimes when I have a crash it comes back and need to take a break for a few weeks. The only ways that I found worked were; steroid type injection, stretches/ physio and a lot of time off. The injection basically speeds up the whole healing process and strengthens the tendons.

Mod
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 1:12 Quote
perhaps cortisone?

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
I had an issue with a tendon in my foot, Dr gave me some type of steroid topical cream that worked wonders. I limped around for a year before telling him, I think his words were "you're an idiot" LMAO !

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 23:25 Quote
bankstreetwriter wrote:
Anyone had a bad case of tennis elbow? Any tips to heal or downhill again? How long did it take?

See a physio. Use a tennis elbow strap if it keeps your symptoms from getting too fired up. Don't expect it to just go away - it needs to be loaded properly.

That's general advice, based on no assessment. You can look for the magical solution, but you'll save time and frustration by seeing somebody who knows what they're doing

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 23:28 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
roboticus wrote:
try kinesiology tape, load of instructions on the web to apply it, it'll ease the pain for sure, probably could do with some physio too,

For actual tennis elbow that likely won't do anything as it's an inflamed tendon. Physio is a good idea though.

It's rare symptoms come from a truly inflamed tendon. Typically, it's build up from aggravating the tendon and not giving it enough time for it to heal, leading to a chronic aggravate-insufficient rest cycle, leading to maladaptive tendon remodeling

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 23:29 Quote
rmattie1 wrote:
Once pain subsides get wide rubber band that you see on broccoli. Place fingers inside and open and close fingers. Strengthens tendons.

This is the closest thing I've seen in the thread to a strategy that would lead to a long term solution

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011083
Mobile Version of Website