Powered by Outside

Is my handlebar width correct?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Is my handlebar width correct?
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 17:11 Quote
nah mate, going through trees and tight spaces is all rider skill. Yeah If you had scooter handlebars you don't need to be as exact, but I run 760's on my enduro bike and my dirt jumper, and never need to "get off my bike" to walk through trees. Bars are all personal preference, and if that means you like 900mm or 10mm, you do what is right for you.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
RoadStain wrote:
Being new to MTN bikes (from road) I hear often about how narrow my bars are....then again, I do not get off my bike or slow much to go between some of the trees on the trails......huh...seems obvious to me...

Just manual and turn them wide bars sideways going through the narrow trees Big Grin

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 21:35 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
m1dg3t wrote:
Take your penis size, add your shoe size, and multiply by 1 1/3 to find correct handlebar width...

In mm, cm or inches ? LMAO

First of all, how would the units make any difference. Secondly, that calculation seems wrong, way too wide.

Finally, if you are unsure what bar width to cut, just move your grips and levers in a cm at a time. You can ride with a cm or two of extra bar width poking beyond the end of your grips. My wife is impossible to fit bike stuff due to indecision. I just move the grips in or out and when she settles, cut them down.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 22:58 Quote
rahrider wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
m1dg3t wrote:
Take your penis size, add your shoe size, and multiply by 1 1/3 to find correct handlebar width...

First of all, how would the units make any difference. Secondly, that calculation seems wrong, way too wide.

Finally, if you are unsure what bar width to cut, just move your grips and levers in a cm at a time. You can ride with a cm or two of extra bar width poking beyond the end of your grips. My wife is impossible to fit bike stuff due to indecision. I
just move the grips in or out and when she settles, cut them down.

Does the "unit" make a difference to your wife ? LOL LOL LOL

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 5:25 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
rahrider wrote:
ATV25 wrote:

Finally, if you are unsure what bar width to cut, just move your grips and levers in a cm at a time. You can ride with a cm or two of extra bar width poking beyond the end of your grips. My wife is impossible to fit bike stuff due to indecision. I
just move the grips in or out and when she settles, cut them down.

Does the "unit" make a difference to your wife ? LOL LOL LOL

I don't understand how changing units makes a difference to you guys. 10inches or 25.4 cm or 0.254m. They are all the same length.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
I tried 800mm with new bars 2x different times and cut them down to 780mm, now I don't notice how wide they are unlike the 800mm bars which I was constantly thinking they were too wide while riding

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012998
Mobile Version of Website