Roval Traverse Rims are made of cheese

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Roval Traverse Rims are made of cheese
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
SuperDaveK wrote:
iRaves wrote:
JNZ wrote:
My friend has a 2018 Enduro, same situation. !st decent ride at park and his roval broke spokes and flat spotted. Wasn't covered by warranty so he purchased a Hope rim. No problems since
Exactly what happened to me. I put a post on instagram and had David Koesel (Leader at Specialized US) comment asking me to DM him and he wanted to sort it. As soon as we got to DM he didnt want to sort it at all. At 1 stage he said that he was trying to envision a scenario if they replaced the wheels where they wouldnt just dent again... Thats an admission that product is sub par and not capable of what the bike is built to do.
In the end I give up on them, and bought a set of Hopes. Which annoyed me because I am now out of pocket by £400 but I have a wheelset I can trust, hopefully. Or I am making another video haha

I remain at your service should you want to further the previous dialogue on getting your damaged 28 hole Traverse rear wheel evaluated.D

Updated No-Fault Roval policy here
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/announcements/2019/09/17/roval-components-announces-lifetime-warranty-and-usa-no-fault-crash#.XYFM5ChKhaQ

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 21:08 Quote
SuperDaveK wrote:

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/announcements/2019/09/17/roval-components-announces-lifetime-warranty-and-usa-no-fault-crash#.XYFM5ChKhaQ

Fantastic for those who live in the USA to get such great support. For those in the rest of the world screw them hey? That said I bought an enduro thinking it would stand up to the rigours of enduro type tiding. Like Ryan, first trip out *ping* and dented. Maybe I did something wrong, you know like rode over a rock in the trail, normal "wear and tear" type stuff. Not everyone has bottomless pockets and buying a bike like this is a once a decade expense, definitely don't want to be shopping for wheels anytime soon. I have lost count of how many dents I have massaged back out of my roval rims that cannot even remotely take in a local enduro course. This past weekend I've finally had enough, 15 months of roval rework and am now shopping for an EX511- unfortunately I have to buy a hub too as some genius at big S though 28h was a great idea for an enduro bike. Even if I could access a warranty replacement wheel I'd just sell it off as I'd have no confidence it would hold up after the first experience.

It's only money right?

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 7:35 Quote
SuperDaveK wrote:
SuperDaveK wrote:
iRaves wrote:

Exactly what happened to me. I put a post on instagram and had David Koesel (Leader at Specialized US) comment asking me to DM him and he wanted to sort it. As soon as we got to DM he didnt want to sort it at all. At 1 stage he said that he was trying to envision a scenario if they replaced the wheels where they wouldnt just dent again... Thats an admission that product is sub par and not capable of what the bike is built to do.
In the end I give up on them, and bought a set of Hopes. Which annoyed me because I am now out of pocket by £400 but I have a wheelset I can trust, hopefully. Or I am making another video haha

I remain at your service should you want to further the previous dialogue on getting your damaged 28 hole Traverse rear wheel evaluated.D

Hello SuperDaveK, is there an update regarding this taking this policy to Europe? I sent an email to your customer service (Europe) and they said "a dent in the rim is a common issue for an Enduro Rider and sadly no warranty issue"
Is this to say that the Roval Traverse Rims are not suited to Enduro style riding? The terrain I have been riding this year is not particularly rough but I have had pretty bad luck with the rims, several dings on inflated tyres. Does Roval offer a rim that is suitable to Enduro style riding? I ask because I would need to buy one if I want to run tubeless again.

Cheers

O+
Posted: May 24, 2024 at 20:31 Quote
I have the rovals on my 2018 enduro comp 27.5
I get them tensioned twice a season.
I rode the crap out of these on the north shore and squamish and im 235 lbs. Zero complaints. Still riding them. Only found this because i seen a take off 29er set for sale cheap.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012819
Mobile Version of Website