Powered by Outside

Make my brother ride

PB Forum :: Beginners
Make my brother ride
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 10:48 Quote
Sometimes he likes to see some fails/wins videos or friday fails with me nothing more.Most of the times when I come back from a ride he doesn't even cares.I guess I just I have to wait till the day till he understands that MTB or even just cycling is better than staying home all day long.
SkateFaster wrote:
commental wrote:
Don't worry about it, it was just a joke that was lost in translation.

The bottom line is, if your brother isn't interested, there's not much you can do but hope he changes his mind as he gets older. One thing for sure, the more you try to push him into doing something he doesn't want to, the more he's likely to rebel against it.

I've had exactly the same issue with my son, trying to encourage him and telling him what he's missing out on is no use. He just backs off more and keeps telling me it's my hobby not his....but then I come home from an awesome riding sesh, he sees me in my gear, watches me tinkering on the bike, shows an interest when I watch mtb vids on you tube, and all of a sudden I get "what bike do you think would be good for me....". You can stoke an interest just by doing it yourself and inspiring your friends or family....

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 10:50 Quote
FranciscoMeggi wrote:
I guess I can confirm that he is getting more rebel about the idea

On the bright side, I'd say that's pretty normal for a 12 year old boy.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
Yes I guess so
commental wrote:
FranciscoMeggi wrote:
I guess I can confirm that he is getting more rebel about the idea

On the bright side, I'd say that's pretty normal for a 12 year old boy.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010798
Mobile Version of Website