Powered by Outside

Is the Gary Fisher Kingfisher worth it?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Is the Gary Fisher Kingfisher worth it?
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
I find They're a great bike, performance wise, they look a little.. off? with the huge tubing but for the price they do great things.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
am gonna be selling mine soon though, does anyone know a good asking price?

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 11:37 Quote
jheldt wrote:

depends on the year, parts you have added or that are on it, and the condition

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
kev211 wrote:
jheldt wrote:

depends on the year, parts you have added or that are on it, and the condition
haha its %100 stock and its a 2006 and just average wear and tear
what would suggest as a asking price?

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
50% what u paid
so that means $700

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
In my opinion mine was not worth it. I think it pedals horrible. I say this because it feels like I have to give er to get the bike to move and then when I get onto one of my friends bikes their bike feels like it is pulling me along...
Also the breakout plus constantly leaked oil and seized up. Happened about 4 times and Manitou refused to acknowledge there was something wrong and just replace it. I was only happy with the bike for the first couple of weeks...long term not worth it. Not to mention the bike is ugly. I always thought it was but it didn't even have good performance to make up for it...
Big waste of the 2900 I paid for it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
yea the main reason am getting rid of it is am sick of haveing a single pivot

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
Anyone ever notice the knarly sounds the bike makes when you pedal it? And then the guys at the shop they say they have no idea what it is yet there is nothing wrong with it. So weird haha. This happened with my friends King Fisher as well.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
rollinwith26s wrote:
Anyone ever notice the knarly sounds the bike makes when you pedal it? And then the guys at the shop they say they have no idea what it is yet there is nothing wrong with it. So weird haha. This happened with my friends King Fisher as well.

What kind of noise ive never got this?

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
I would describe it as a creaking sound coming from the frames pivot points. Only happens when you pedal so you think it must be something to do with drive train/ bottom bracket until you listen closer.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
rollinwith26s wrote:
I would describe it as a creaking sound coming from the frames pivot points. Only happens when you pedal so you think it must be something to do with drive train/ bottom bracket until you listen closer.

I did once, then i realized whoever put the bike together cranked on the Allen bolts that are around one of the bearing pivots, if you just do it hand tight and don't crank on it, and use locktite, the bolt stays and you wont get a creak.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 20:27 Quote
I believe it also comes from the point where the crank arm meets the frame right above the bottom bracket.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
rollinwith26s wrote:
well I notice with mine that when your shredding pretty fast the swingarm starts creaking for some reason

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
Haha ya. I don't notice much but when I let my friends ride my bike it sounds soooo brutal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014936
Mobile Version of Website