Powered by Outside

Mojo 4

PB Forum :: Ibis
Mojo 4
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2023 at 20:31 Quote
Leviathandive wrote:
Does anyone feel pitched forward on this bike because of the STA? looking for a more balanced upright bike.

I don’t. Feels perfectly balanced to me…both in and out of the saddle. Really like my Mojo4.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 14:03 Quote
Here is my recently built 2022 Mojo 4-Small from frameset to full build with new comps and comps from my wife's SC Tallboy 4.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 14:06 Quote
n54tt wrote:
Leviathandive wrote:
Does anyone feel pitched forward on this bike because of the STA? looking for a more balanced upright bike.

I don’t. Feels perfectly balanced to me…both in and out of the saddle. Really like my Mojo4.

Same here, got my new Mojo 4, above, to feel perfect with the cockpit setup. Just need to play with the suspensions to make it feel perfect too.

Maybe some adjustment to the Saddle and bar row, or 5-10mm longer stem.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 16:00 Quote
I saw a good deal on an XT build refurbished demo bike. Looks like it may have been 2020-2021 though. That would have been the previous fox 34 factory?

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 17:27 Quote
Damn they have killer deals on this bike right now, my timing sucks!

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 17:29 Quote
ckspeed wrote:
Here is my recently built 2022 Mojo 4-Small from frameset to full build with new comps and comps from my wife's SC Tallboy 4.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Interesting you put a Manitou Mara on there? Nice ride.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2023 at 6:46 Quote
Thanks, I am still trying to get the shock setup. It might take a while.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 21:11 Quote
If I was gonna mullet the bike with a 29er and drop the front travel to 130mm would it be worth going for a DVO diamond d1 fork with boost or go with the sapphire d1

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 7:40 Quote
Was wondering. If I wanted to build it as a mullet, is this Ibis statement only applicable to a 27.5 front wheel since a 29er fork is gonna have a 44mm offset. Running the larger wheel upfront increases Trail though right?

“bike is optimized around a 37mm offset. The 44mm offset fork shortens the trail (the distance between the contact patch and the steering axis), which can cause the front end to feel less stable.“

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 20:34 Quote
Diamond would not work on Mojo 4 for a mullet conversion... Out of data info on their website said you could run a Diamond 29er D1 with boost at 130mm... that is wrong, min is 140.

Also, I don't know what fork to use? most options increase the axle to crown height by around 10mm even after the travel is reduced to 130mm from 140mm.

It comes with a Pike Ultimate RC2 or a Pike Select. I believe those have a 532mm axle to crown at 140mm on a 27.5 ... yet Ibis says the axle to crown length for the Mojo 4 with either fork is 529mm??? apparently this is the same for a Fox 34 27.5 ... but I am finding conflicting info on the Fox 34 29er... some say 537mm at 130mm of travel and others say 544mm at 130mm of travel.

Ibis recommends keeping within 5mm of the axle to crown length but I don't see how that's possible even with dropping 10mm of travel going to a 29er fork? Pike is 541mm, Sapphire is 542mm and Fox 34 is either 537mm (good) or 544mm (no good)

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 5:08 Quote
Kulharin wrote:
Was wondering. If I wanted to build it as a mullet, is this Ibis statement only applicable to a 27.5 front wheel since a 29er fork is gonna have a 44mm offset. Running the larger wheel upfront increases Trail though right?

“bike is optimized around a 37mm offset. The 44mm offset fork shortens the trail (the distance between the contact patch and the steering axis), which can cause the front end to feel less stable.“

I saw that FAQ on the offset. What’s interesting is that the current Mojo4’s are coming with 44mm offset pike selects. Guessing that’s all they could source for the last of the mojo’s they have left?

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 17:29 Quote
I think Ibis maybe changing or discontinue the Mojo 4 next year.

You cannot get any parts or upgrades through Ibis for it, not even the frame bag. They have big discount on frame and Deore builds and are putting 46mm offset forks on the bike that they recommend not doing in the FAQ

I was gonna close a deal on a Deore build today at 20% off with free carbon wheels. Then they told me today there are no carbon wheels left but the price is the same so I backed out.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 11:24 Quote
Kulharin wrote:
I think Ibis maybe changing or discontinue the Mojo 4 next year.

You cannot get any parts or upgrades through Ibis for it, not even the frame bag. They have big discount on frame and Deore builds and are putting 46mm offset forks on the bike that they recommend not doing in the FAQ

I was gonna close a deal on a Deore build today at 20% off with free carbon wheels. Then they told me today there are no carbon wheels left but the price is the same so I backed out.

As far as I know there’s no official statement from Ibis.…but the Mojo4 IS going away. Don’t think it’s a maybe. Only bike that didn’t get a refresh, color or new badges. N+1 sale specifically states “sell out” and “Until it’s gone forever”. I too noticed they don’t sell the frame bag, but you can still buy parts on the Ibis website and it’s still listed as a current model. I’ve bought a few spare parts…to make sure I can maintain it and replace things if need be for years to come.
https://store.ibiscycles.com/collections/mojo-4-parts

The free Carbon wheel upgrade has been gone for a while at N+1 as they no longer have the carbon wheels. But Jenson still has a few deore carbon wheel builds at 35% off.
https://www.jensonusa.com/Ibis-Mojo-4-Logo-Carbon-Wheel-Deore-Bike-2022

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 11:47 Quote
I’m up in Canada and unfortunately my experience with the Ibis distributor here has been mostly negative. I was gonna buy a Deore yesterday here because they said it came with the Carbon wheels last week. Then when I tried to finalize the order at a dealer I was told no carbon wheels anymore with no price difference!

Plus the Bike Poke Revive dropper, carbon bars, pork chop bag and carbon wheels with hydra hubs were not available as even a paid for upgrade. Furthermore they also have replaced the Pike Ultimate RC2 with a cheaper Pike Select with no price change. And at a 46mm offset, even though their FAQ recommends only using a 37mm offset fork.

I was ready to buy the bike but Ibis in Canada has pretty much convinced me not to at this point.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 14:55 Quote
Kulharin wrote:
I’m up in Canada and unfortunately my experience with the Ibis distributor here has been mostly negative. I was gonna buy a Deore yesterday here because they said it came with the Carbon wheels last week. Then when I tried to finalize the order at a dealer I was told no carbon wheels anymore with no price difference!

Plus the Bike Poke Revive dropper, carbon bars, pork chop bag and carbon wheels with hydra hubs were not available as even a paid for upgrade. Furthermore they also have replaced the Pike Ultimate RC2 with a cheaper Pike Select with no price change. And at a 46mm offset, even though their FAQ recommends only using a 37mm offset fork.

I was ready to buy the bike but Ibis in Canada has pretty much convinced me not to at this point.

Sucks you missed out on the Free carbon upgrade. So did I when I bought a second frame. FYI the carbon wheels were always spec’d as a PAID upgrade. Even in the states, once they started big sales on the Mojo, not all dealers were offering the carbon as a free upgrade. I bought my Deore/carbon at 30% off the full msrp of Deore+carbon upgrade. After some time, N+1 was doing 35% and then 35% plus free carbon upgrade. Jenson is now 35% but still doesn’t offer carbon as a free upgrade.

The different builds come pre-spec’d. some shops will swap out components at a fee….but that all depends on the shop. If look at current bikes on the Ibis website. There aren’t really many upgrades for other models. Ie Ripley only has the carbon wheel upgrade. With the Ripmo carbon wheels and DVO coil. If you want upgrades…it will come down to the shop you’re buying from.

I agree with the fork. They’re spec’ing 46mm, even though they originally said the frame is optimized for 37mm. And they’re coming with Pike select instead of Pike Ultimates, but still charging same price. One of the reasons why I bought a second frameset instead of a whole other complete build.

All that being said. The Mojo is an awesome bike if you want a 27.5 130/140. It’s got a great pedaling platform with the DW link. But still fun and capable on the downs. At 35% here in the states…it’s still a great deal whether you get the frame, or complete build with pike select.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020940
Mobile Version of Website