Powered by Outside

Alpine Trail XR

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Alpine Trail XR
Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
Well still no bike as November ends......

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
Looks like bikes are making into the US. Last I heard mine was at the port in California. Fingers crossed!!!

FL
Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 15:57 Quote
Nice. Mine's been given a date of Jan 11th. Apparently major holdups at the Sydney port are slowing everything down for Australia.

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 3:44 Quote
Well makes sense they didn't send the AL bikes to be reviewed since they had the carbon version coming. Looks sweet and price is on point. Still going for the AL version tho, if those ever get in stock in EU.

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
Carbon price seems pretty great as well considering some of the slight upgrade in spec along with the carbon front triangle (compared to XR). Most companies tend to have a much bigger gap between their AL and Carbon offerings.

FL
Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 20:01 Quote
Yeah the carbon is super tempting. I think I'm gonna stick with the XR though, simply because I don't wanna wait any longer and I like the look of the coil.

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 4:58 Quote
Well it made it off the ship and thru customs. But it’s sitting in a warehouse, along with all the other sold bikes. As of now no timeline on when it might ship out. Fortunately I have a bike to ride. My Surly ICT and we got some snow. That’s been fun!

Update: be here Tuesday of next week!!

Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
Picked up my bike yesterday and rode it on a snowy single track trail. It was fun but not the best conditions or the best trail for that bike. Going to Bentonville, Arkansas in a couple weeks. I’ll do some downhill runs and pump tracks. It’s gonna be a fun bike to ride for sure!

FL
Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 0:20 Quote
Treat wrote:
Picked up my bike yesterday and rode it on a snowy single track trail. It was fun but not the best conditions or the best trail for that bike. Going to Bentonville, Arkansas in a couple weeks. I’ll do some downhill runs and pump tracks. It’s gonna be a fun bike to ride for sure!

Sweet!! Nice to hear someone's finally got one! Let us know how it runs.

Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
Pumped to hear some more updates on this one.

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 1:52 Quote
Got my 2021 alpine trail 7, its a bit heavier than the 2020 alpine trail due to the 12 speed group.

I felt the 2021 pedals better due to the steeper seat tube angle.

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
anynone knows the max seatpost insertion on the L and XL?

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
I cannot wait to get even a parking lot ride on one. I fairly confident this is going to be my new bike come spring.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
Running laps at Spider Mountain in Burnet Texas! The XR is doing great!!

FL
Posted: Jan 10, 2021 at 1:20 Quote
You got any videos up of it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008280
Mobile Version of Website