Powered by Outside

Montana Thread

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
jamesp wrote:
is that
"no there's no good bike trails" or
"no there's no bike store in Eureka" or
"there's a bike store but they don't have trail info"?

all 3

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
45 mins south on hwy 93 is SPENCER MOUNTAIN (on the right, small lake visible from highway afer the turn for parking, before you get into whitefish). It has by far the best riding in the valley. Push up / ride down. A couple years ago most of our work got torn down, but we have rebuilt the sickest trail on the mtn and the trail below it is the best and newest addition. It has lots of good single track too if thats what your into. If you want more info hit up Glacier Cyclery in Whitefish. Its the only bike shop, sadly. On the left, before the first stoplight coming into town on hwy 93.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
jp406 wrote:
45 mins south on hwy 93 is SPENCER MOUNTAIN (on the right, small lake visible from highway afer the turn for parking, before you get into whitefish). It has by far the best riding in the valley. Push up / ride down. A couple years ago most of our work got torn down, but we have rebuilt the sickest trail on the mtn and the trail below it is the best and newest addition. It has lots of good single track too if thats what your into. If you want more info hit up Glacier Cyclery in Whitefish. Its the only bike shop, sadly. On the left, before the first stoplight coming into town on hwy 93.

is there anywhere with Dj's? other than whitefishes "new dirt jump park"

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
private ones, but nothing public except those pieces of shit. we did a little bit of fine tuning on them, but they are still the same shape and everything. i know, its dissapointing...

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
well next year when i come down to my cabin in eurika...... do you think you could show me some of theese private ones? (unless they are in someones back yead)

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 6:12 Quote
awesome thanks for the info. Will check out Whitefish for some biking then. I'm only planning a weekend down that way just now, so a day or 2 of riding should keep me amused for now.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
i have a cabin in whitefish and i was just wondering if there is any good mountians by whitefish or is whitefish mountian the only one close and is the whitefish bike park good

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
jjames10 wrote:
i have a cabin in whitefish and i was just wondering if there is any good mountians by whitefish or is whitefish mountian the only one close and is the whitefish bike park good

personally i didnt like the bike park (but maybe just because i went early in the season)

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
About that Whitefish mountain bike park... It's not really a park and there is only two real trails from the top. The new DH trail is kind of a disappointment and claims of any other park-like features are false advertising. The "dirt jumps" is a pile of unshaped dirt with a berm randomly placed nearby and the "skills park" is a teeter-totter and an a-frame bridge in a tennis court. If you like places like Whistler, don't try big mountain. Spencer mountain is the place to go if you like trails such as Schleyer or Dirt Merchant. By next year there should be some real jumps built by myself and skilled friends. If anyone is coming down, I can point you in the right direction or possibly show you the goods if I'm in town.

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
this might be a stupid question but is the bike park on mountian???

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
Yeah. the boring XC trail and the "DH" track are on Big Mountain and accessed by high speed quad. The good stuff where I usually ride and build is a 30 minute ride/45 min push to the top with several options from smooth singletrack to gnarly big airs, stunts and jumps.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
I just moved to Missoula and i'm looking for a good street/ dj scene if there is one would anyone in here now about it?

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
so where about is spencer mountain? i found the lake on google maps.... but that road do you turn off the highway and go onto? as well, where do the trails drop in and where do they end?

Thanks

Matt

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 20:51 Quote
Hey I will be moving from Washington to Montana whats the riding like there around Helena. I know Big Sky is not to far away. Are the trails around there mostly XC. What is the AM/FR/DH scene like in Montana. I don't mind driving to a trail. Thanks

Mod
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 21:04 Quote
Between PLains and St Regis in Lolo national park there is some very epic xc/trail riding.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015996
Mobile Version of Website