Powered by Outside

Magic shine battery problems

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Magic shine battery problems
O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 5:49 Quote
Same issue here. I contacted magicshine and they acted like they've never heard of the issue.

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
8000S. Nearly 2 years old. Light on helmet, battery in Camelbak when riding. Never an issue until recently. Never shuts off unless I go to swing the pack off to get something. Very repeatable. Came to realize there must be some sort of protection or latching circuit in the battery. Thought maybe my Samsung Galaxy might be interfering with it in some way. Only just recently started using Google Pay with NFC enabled. Waved the phone all around the battery, nothing. Decided to use my kids 8000S one night, turned it on and went to drop the battery into the Camelbak. Damned thing shut off. Plugged it into the charger to reset it, repeated the same action, it shut off again when the battery was half way into the pack. ?!?!?!? I have tugged and pulled on all the connections with the light on and nowhere near the pack, it never shuts off. It's like my Camelbak has suddenly become the Bermuda Triangle and no, I'm not carrying any kind of super magnet or nuclear waste in there either. Only know that two completely separate battery and light head sets will do the same thing. I guess I'll just have to get used to turning off the light before trying to retrieve anything from my Camelbak. Good thing for the free Magicshine Eagle that they sent me with the 8000s. Keep it on my handlebars for backup.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 18:27 Quote
Similar issues with the MOH 55pro battery showed fine before leaving the house geared up drove out to the spot met the boys and the light won’t work. Seemed to wake up only after plugging into the charger for a moment.

Bummer was a really good light for one winter.
Magicshite I guess.

Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 0:10 Quote
I've had this problem before with my monteree 8000,its the cable part going into the battery pack, it seems to short somewhere and the only way of resetting it is to mains power it back up. , I ended up buying a new cable folding it over and cable tying it, I haven't had a problem and that's well over a year. I'll post a picture of my fix in my profile.

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:24 Quote
Hi MagicshinersCool

Thank you all so much for the discussion about the Magicshine battery! Your suggestions are invaluable!

In addition, we will fully upgrade the battery this year, and we can invite you to experienc our new product free of charge.

❤This is an exclusive discount I created for you:

Use this code to enjoy the double discount in our shop!
Discount 1- 20% off code: Sonsofbattery20
Discount 2- Buy one, get one free.
Method: Enter the discount code when shopping in https://magicshine.com/?ref=K5T2s7x9qjM52J
Available date: 2023-03-7~2023-03-31

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:25 Quote
Hi,

Thank you very much for your support and choice of Magicshine lights.
We will fully upgrade the battery this year, and we can invite you to experienc our new product free of charge.
Please follow our facebook group to know more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/magicshine.
htfmybackyard wrote:
8000S. Nearly 2 years old. Light on helmet, battery in Camelbak when riding. Never an issue until recently. Never shuts off unless I go to swing the pack off to get something. Very repeatable. Came to realize there must be some sort of protection or latching circuit in the battery. Thought maybe my Samsung Galaxy might be interfering with it in some way. Only just recently started using Google Pay with NFC enabled. Waved the phone all around the battery, nothing. Decided to use my kids 8000S one night, turned it on and went to drop the battery into the Camelbak. Damned thing shut off. Plugged it into the charger to reset it, repeated the same action, it shut off again when the battery was half way into the pack. ?!?!?!? I have tugged and pulled on all the connections with the light on and nowhere near the pack, it never shuts off. It's like my Camelbak has suddenly become the Bermuda Triangle and no, I'm not carrying any kind of super magnet or nuclear waste in there either. Only know that two completely separate battery and light head sets will do the same thing. I guess I'll just have to get used to turning off the light before trying to retrieve anything from my Camelbak. Good thing for the free Magicshine Eagle that they sent me with the 8000s. Keep it on my handlebars for backup.

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:27 Quote
Hi,

For any questions on product or availability, please feel free to contact us below:
support@magicshine.com (order from Magicshine.com online store)
service@magicshine.com (order from other sales channels)

Our staff would like to get in touch with you and resolve any issues you are currently experiencing with the product!
Pivotfirebird2018 wrote:
I recently bought a Magicshine Monteer 6500s not even 3 months ago, and the battery randomly shuts off and has to be plugged into a charger to turn it on.

all the connections between the battery to the ligh seem to be fine (I mean where 1 cord joins the other). I have never dropped the light or gotten it wet (apart from a light rain night ride for like 20min which the waterproof rating should be able to handle)

Anyway, the light has now shutdown completely randmly 3 times, and the battery will not work at all unless it is plugged into a chargre, then it goes back to normal apart from the battery indicator thinking its still charging the whole time.

When the light shuts down, the battery indicator on the light head says its 70-100% (green mode) and then the battery indicator doesnt work or do anything.

Can anyone help

thx

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:35 Quote
HiCool

Thanks for your sharing!

We will fully upgrade the battery this year, and we can invite you to be a new product experience officer!

Magicshine always insists on making products with heart and looks forward to your reply!

broraboyan wrote:
I've had this problem before with my monteree 8000,its the cable part going into the battery pack, it seems to short somewhere and the only way of resetting it is to mains power it back up. , I ended up buying a new cable folding it over and cable tying it, I haven't had a problem and that's well over a year. I'll post a picture of my fix in my profile.

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:36 Quote
Hi,

Thanks for your sharing!

We will fully upgrade the battery this year, and we can invite you to be a new product experience officer!

Magicshine always insists on making products with heart and looks forward to your reply!

broraboyan wrote:

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:37 Quote
Hi,

For any questions on product or availability, please feel free to contact us below:

Our staff would like to get in touch with you and resolve any issues you are currently experiencing with the product.
emefer wrote:
Same issue here. I contacted magicshine and they acted like they've never heard of the issue.

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:38 Quote
Cool
stevedorn wrote:
i do not have suh problems before

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:40 Quote
Hi,

I'm so sorry we had to get in touch in this way.

Our staff would like to get in touch with you and resolve any issues you are currently experiencing with the product and you can give us a chance to make things right.

In addition, we will fully upgrade the battery this year, and we can invite you to experienc our new product free of charge.

Cool This is an exclusive discount I created for you:

Method: Enter the discount code when shopping in https://magicshine.com/?ref=K5T2s7x9qjM52J

Cavingdavem wrote:
I have 6500 and when it works the light is great but the reliability is completely rubbish.

After just a few uses the light started randomly running out of battery after just a few minutes use, despite being on charge for days and the charger showing a green light.
Now the battery will not charge at all.

Its a real shame.

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 19:41 Quote
Hi,

I'm so sorry we had to get in touch in this way.

Our staff would like to get in touch with you and resolve any issues you are currently experiencing with the product and you can give us a chance to make things right.

Cool This is an exclusive discount I created for you:

baj716 wrote:
Pivotfirebird2018 wrote:
I recently bought a Magicshine Monteer 6500s not even 3 months ago, and the battery randomly shuts off and has to be plugged into a charger to turn it on.

all the connections between the battery to the ligh seem to be fine (I mean where 1 cord joins the other). I have never dropped the light or gotten it wet (apart from a light rain night ride for like 20min which the waterproof rating should be able to handle)

Anyway, the light has now shutdown completely randmly 3 times, and the battery will not work at all unless it is plugged into a chargre, then it goes back to normal apart from the battery indicator thinking its still charging the whole time.

When the light shuts down, the battery indicator on the light head says its 70-100% (green mode) and then the battery indicator doesnt work or do anything.

Can anyone help

thx

The electronics in their batteries apparently suck. I bought the Monteer 8000S and the 10000mAH battery just started behaving like this, 6 months and 2 days after purchase. I did get some messaging with Magicshine support through Amazon, but their recommendations didn't work, and now that support channel appears to be gone.

What's weird in my case is it ONLY fails in cold (or cooler) temperatures. I ran my light on the 2400 Lumen setting for ~7 hours indoors (with a fan on the LED), so the battery cells still work just fine. But after fully recharging the battery (All three charge status LEDs turn on) and then bringing it outside for a Winter night ride (30 degrees F), the LED won't power on and then the battery charge LEDs quit working too. Plugging it into the charger immediately fixes the status LED issue (shows full charge), but plugging it back into the headlight still fails to power on.

Their battery design is not ready for prime-time apparently. So now I'm stuck with a $400 head light that is going to require me to shell out more $ to buy a different battery (and it sure as hell won't be from Magicshine).

Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 22:09 Quote
Hey all, Magicshine Australia wanted to share some information about this case and the outcome we were able to achieve.

After testing it was determined that the issue was the light head which was near on 2 years old.
The light head was tested against another known good battery, which shorted this battery out. No permanent damage to the battery but obviously an issue.

A new light head was tested against the customer's battery, which ran successfully for 3 hours.

A replacement light head is being arranged for the customer free of charge, along with all postage costs reimbursed.

Megan

Posted: Mar 16, 2023 at 13:32 Quote
Hi Megan, I had my light head replaced free of charge however I never got reinbursed for sending it down to the supplier anyway. Back to the original problem which was solved for a while and then it was back again. My fix has solved the problem and I've had no issues at all and it's been working flawless through this winter.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.055602
Mobile Version of Website