Powered by Outside

One bike to rule them all - 2022

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
One bike to rule them all - 2022
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 23:37 Quote
I think I’d get a 130-140mm trail bike with slack ish geometry.

Something like:

Norco Optic

Nukeproof Reactor

Bird Aether 9 (if you can get them where you are)

Vitus Escarpe

Edit - I’ve recently picked up a 2022 alloy Sentinel. I love the bike - it’s right at the burly end of trail bikes I’d say - not quite a full on enduro bike. Running mine with 150mm travel at both ends.

Would get round an xc course - but it’s nowhere close to being an xc bike. Mine’s built with sensibly specced wheels (XM481 rims / Hope (r) and Bitex (f) hubs), a Lyrik Ultimate, Code R brakes, XT 12 speed with Sram carbon crank, carbon bars, light stem, 210 Oneup dropper / exo casing rear tyre / grid trail front tyre. Weighs in at 34lbs.

FL
Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
I'm building up a Knolly Fugitive 138 which is exactly this kind of bike. Pedals very well, 138mm of rear travel... but you can spec it with 160mm fork (or 150) which also slacks it out a bit more and it's built to handle very hard charging. Very progressive suspension allows the 138mm of travel to handle the biggest hits with ease. I'll be building mine with a coil in the rear and EXO+ tires with inserts. It'll be my do everything and enduro race bike for 2022.

The bike - https://knollybikes.com/products/fugitive-138

The recent Beta review - https://www.betamtb.com/bike-tests/beta-tests/the-beta-tests-knolly-fugitive-138/

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
Thank you for all the answers guys!

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 6:11 Quote
An update: recently found a Cannondale Habit 3 and a Habit Wave, both of them with "pretty good value". And they're available.

Quick specs:
Waves: Rockshox Yari 140mm, Sram SX, G2 R brakes. (US$4200 - brazilian prices, after tax Redface )
Habit 3: Pike Select 140mm, Sram NX, G2R brakes. (US$3600 - brazilian prices, after tax Redface )

HTA:66°, STA 74,5º, reach 460mm (L). Geometry relatively conservative, but just for the

The stumpjumper alloy NX and Fox fork, for example, retails here for US$5400.

We're idiots, I know.

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
Has anyone ever ridden the Habit? Is it ok?

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
aug7hallak wrote:
An update: recently found a Cannondale Habit 3 and a Habit Wave, both of them with "pretty good value". And they're available.

Quick specs:
Waves: Rockshox Yari 140mm, Sram SX, G2 R brakes. (US$4200 - brazilian prices, after tax Redface )
Habit 3: Pike Select 140mm, Sram NX, G2R brakes. (US$3600 - brazilian prices, after tax Redface )

HTA:66°, STA 74,5º, reach 460mm (L). Geometry relatively conservative, but just for the

The stumpjumper alloy NX and Fox fork, for example, retails here for US$5400.

We're idiots, I know.

So, my quick search of the Cannondale site tells me that those are basically the same bike just outfitted with different components and I don't think Cannondale offers the Habit 3 anymore. Personally, between these two I'd get the Habit 3 for the Pike and the NX and especially the lower price - seems like the much better value here.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016085
Mobile Version of Website