Lower extended headset cup to raise bottom bracket

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Lower extended headset cup to raise bottom bracket
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
dhrider8051 wrote:
Pigglet13 wrote:

I think the point slayer is trying to make is that the relatively small amount by which you have dropped the bottom bracket (and the fact that the bike is in the high position also) will in the real world mean that you are catching your bashguard on stuff that you should either be riding around or unweighting the front to get over providing there are no other bike related issues.

If the bike is in the high setting and you have upped fork pressure compared to the before angle set fitment then that should more or less off set the reduction in bb height that occurred by fitting the angle set.

The other option is to learn to avoid smashing into stuff and take advantage of the benefit a lower bb brings.

Is your suspension set up correctly?

Thank you I feel like he was just being a jerk with not really helping.

The front fork was way under damped with a 45lbs spring the 55lbs spring was way over damped now have the 50lbs spring with the smash pot coil conversion in front on the fox 38 and feels just about right

I have not have had a chance to try it on the trail with the 50lbs spring yet but can feel just in the driveway alone it has a bit more midstorke support where as the 45lbs spring had almost none

I liked the initial stroke on the 55lbs spring but it was way too stiff insane ramp up after 1 inch of travel would only utilize like 50 percent of travel

Go get a coaching session. You clearly need it more than the mods you’ve done to your bike.

Go learn some manners all you do is post jerk remarks with no value

FL
Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
dhrider8051 wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:
dhrider8051 wrote:

Thank you I feel like he was just being a jerk with not really helping.

The front fork was way under damped with a 45lbs spring the 55lbs spring was way over damped now have the 50lbs spring with the smash pot coil conversion in front on the fox 38 and feels just about right

I have not have had a chance to try it on the trail with the 50lbs spring yet but can feel just in the driveway alone it has a bit more midstorke support where as the 45lbs spring had almost none

I liked the initial stroke on the 55lbs spring but it was way too stiff insane ramp up after 1 inch of travel would only utilize like 50 percent of travel

Go get a coaching session. You clearly need it more than the mods you’ve done to your bike.

Go learn some manners all you do is post jerk remarks with no value

Ask stupid questions get stupid answers

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
You clearly know everything and are the best rider why are you wasting your time on Pinkbike giving stupid answers

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011769
Mobile Version of Website