April 19th

Posted: Apr 16, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
I was thinking the same thing Smile

Aledupre01 wrote:
marcoroy wrote:
Squamish - Santa Cruz Megatower
Matt Beer - Squamish - Santa Cruz Megatower

Matt Beer already prepping the picture for the launch

beautiful!, with an orange fox 38 it will be perfect.

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2022 at 11:43 Quote
marcoroy wrote:

How far forward and pointed down the seat is in that first photo has me wondering how he felt about the climbing abilities. Looking forward to reading all of the reviews on Tuesday morning!

Posted: Apr 16, 2022 at 13:27 Quote
Also noticed that.
Compared with the previous Mega the seat tube angle is steeper, so less reach for same size bike.
I was wondering if he is testing a larger size?

PJJ205 wrote:
marcoroy wrote:

How far forward and pointed down the seat is in that first photo has me wondering how he felt about the climbing abilities. Looking forward to reading all of the reviews on Tuesday morning!

Posted: Apr 16, 2022 at 20:01 Quote
Caveirex wrote:
Also noticed that.
Compared with the previous Mega the seat tube angle is steeper, so less reach for same size bike.
I was wondering if he is testing a larger size?

PJJ205 wrote:
marcoroy wrote:

Note that it does not have the flip chip on the rear wheel. I currently wear a size M with a 50mm stem, I'm 1.77cm tall and I'm at the limit of the size... I think that due to the change in gyrometry, maybe this year I'll have to wear L

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 17, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
It has been mentioned that all new Santa Cruz bikes are coming with the UDH, which eliminates the possibility of a chainstay flip chip. A worthwhile trade off IMO.

Posted: Apr 18, 2022 at 19:41 Quote
Is there a new Hightower coming as well?

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2022 at 10:13 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
It has been mentioned that all new Santa Cruz bikes are coming with the UDH, which eliminates the possibility of a chainstay flip chip. A worthwhile trade off IMO.

Looks like UDH v2 needs inventing, flip chip capable.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 19:56 Quote
That doesn't sound very universal.
I'm a bigger fan of the size specific chainstays and less mating surfaces/things to rattle.

Posted: May 2, 2022 at 10:56 Quote
photo

Had my first rip on the V2 last friday. Totally in love, steeper seat tube is noticeably better for steep chunky/tech climbs. Still corners great yet feels more composed than my V1 when things get rowdy.

Posted: May 2, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
Nice! Color looks sick. Would you say the SC lettering is more of an orange or peach color in person? Hard to tell from online pics.

Posted: May 2, 2022 at 11:30 Quote
fredro wrote:
Nice! Color looks sick. Would you say the SC lettering is more of an orange or peach color in person? Hard to tell from online pics.
Definitely has a little peach tint.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
Which version did you get? Kinda want the kashima, but not if I have to pay an extra 2 grand

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 20:59 Quote
K5nwill wrote:
Which version did you get? Kinda want the kashima, but not if I have to pay an extra 2 grand
Frame only and built with parts i had on hand.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
Any shops/online retailers you guys know of have any nickel mediums in stock. My LBS isn't getting any until end of July.

Madder

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020017
Mobile Version of Website