Juicy 7 or Hayes 9?
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
austin is so full of it.

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
Ian-Hill wrote:
austin is so full of it.
no i am not!

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
Okay i have hayes nines and they screech and scream at you all day! You will hear it in your sleep. otherwise they work very well but it you cant stand screeching thats ten times worse than a chalkboard then get the juicy 7's.

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
juicy 7... avid codes are real nice too

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
Yo, i wouldn’t be in a rush to buy juicy 7s. I am gutting my bike and the last thing that’s on my list is getting rid of my Hayes 9. There good reliable and don’t put you back $250.

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
guys, seriously, this thread's gone, he bought the sevens already, end of discussion

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
At 14, keep your 9. If they starts to give you nightmares or to heat because your too fast for thems, then think about the 7.

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
i cant get my 7s to stop squeaking they work great but they are super loud sometimes and the lever adjustmet changes even when you dont turn it. I still like them 200 times as much as 9s

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
superdudster666 wrote:
i cant get my 7s to stop squeaking they work great but they are super loud sometimes and the lever adjustmet changes even when you dont turn it. I still like them 200 times as much as 9s

I never understood why are people bothering about the sound of their brakes. The strongest brakes are not quiet but they do what they are meant for, stop you! And anyway, while riding, I think the sound of your chain, derailleur, fork, shock and any other moving parts is even louder in the rocky's and brutal sections than the sound of your brakes..And you keep riding dont you?

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
HEMPDOG wrote:
i have a hayes 9 and its great. im thinking bout the juicy but idk yet? juicy seem better but still idk.
keep your hayes nines. i had juicy sevens on my bike and they sucked. the hayes feel nicer and i felt like i had to adjust my juicys every time i rode to get them back to where i wanted them

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
Juicy 7's blow Hayes 9 way out of the water. Amazing modulation, they have a great feel unlike Hayes, and they're very easily adjusted, which is something that can't be said about the Hayes 9.

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
ride66 wrote:
superdudster666 wrote:

I never understood why are people bothering about the sound of their brakes. The strongest brakes are not quiet but they do what they are meant for, stop you! And anyway, while riding, I think the sound of your chain, derailleur, fork, shock and any other moving parts is even louder in the rocky's and brutal sections than the sound of your brakes..And you keep riding dont you?

i'm not complaining i'm just saying that they're not quiet.

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
cdavis wrote:
Juicy 7's blow Hayes 9 way out of the water. Amazing modulation, they have a great feel unlike Hayes, and they're very easily adjusted, which is something that can't be said about the Hayes 9.
no hayes nines are way better. or if you dont like those go to a stroker those are nice

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013312
Mobile Version of Website