Powered by Outside

Post up your Pimped 140 - 170 mm Hardcore AM/XC/Trailbikes.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Post up your Pimped 140 - 170 mm Hardcore AM/XC/Trailbikes.
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 22:00 Quote
Lol, I havent had one nice day which I've been riding though. Its either been snowy or muddy. Still fun none the less. So far, ive managed to make my front derailleur cable explode and rip out my front break lever while crashing off a snow jump while wearing mittens.

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 22:21 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
Lol, I havent had one nice day which I've been riding though. Its either been snowy or muddy. Still fun none the less. So far, ive managed to make my front derailleur cable explode and rip out my front break lever while crashing off a snow jump while wearing mittens.

ALMOST as good as my case to xup nose manual powerslide superman shoulderplant with a rotor to the head on top.

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 22:23 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
chasefreeride37 wrote:

ALMOST as good as my case to xup nose manual powerslide superman shoulderplant with a rotor to the head on top.

But the satisfaction i got after ryan bitched out made it worthwhile lol

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 3:36 Quote
photo

It's on the travel limit at the front but it can still go uphill easy and down like a dh bike. Love 'er.

*edit*

for trails I don't have the saddle like that, or the geometry for that matter.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 6:41 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
photo

It's on the travel limit at the front but it can still go uphill easy and down like a dh bike. Love 'er.

*edit*

for trails I don't have the saddle like that, or the geometry for that matter.

I love Orange bikes. I think it's because I used to have an English guitar amp that was also branded "Orange". The 66 is a tried and true bike. Weight?

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
Yea I was just talking to hummeroid about this, he said it never turns out to what you expect. I did do the calculations though and I cant remember exactly what it ended up to be, but I just guessed that it would be 2-3. 3 pounds would be pushing it but I could see 1.5 easily. Thanks for the comment though.

I just thought I'd remind everybody that I'm winning at 32 lbs.Big Grin

Edit: I also tweaked the "rules" on page 1 a little. Smile

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 6:48 Quote
I don't know the exact weight, I have to weigh it, I'll do it tonight 'cause I'm at work right now. Does anyone work in a shop and how busy is it, message me. Update on weight tonight.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 6:55 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
I don't know the exact weight, I have to weigh it, I'll do it tonight 'cause I'm at work right now. Does anyone work in a shop and how busy is it, message me. Update on weight tonight.

My guesse is about 41 ... ish???

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 7:04 Quote
Probably, it's not sub 40 lbs I know that for sure.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
Just weighed my bike, It's 40lbs. Lighter than I expected.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
Ok, since the rules have been revised....

Large Black Ano Six One frame
08 Lyrik 2 step
08 Roco TST R
Nuke Proof Titanium spring
Mavic 823 on Hadley gold front hub w/ 2.0 DT champion spokes
Mavic 823 on Saint rear hub w/ 2.0 DT champion spokes
*both wheels have silver leading spokes, black trailing.
Maxxis Advantage 2.4 front (ran tubeless)
Maxxis High Roller UST 2.35 rear, reversed rotation
Magura Louise FR 210F/203R with EBC pads
175 mm Shimano Hone crankset 22-32 w/ Race Face bash
NYC Freeride H.O.E. Stem
Easton Scandium DH bar
Truvativ chainrings
XTR chain w/Wipperman quick connect link
Sram PG-980 cassette 11-34
XT front derailleur
Saint rear derrailleur
Blackspire stinger "chainguide"
Flat pedals- DMR V12 MAG
Clipless pedals- Time ATAC
Titec Scoper seatpost
Salsa top clamp
SDG Satellite Ti saddle (not pictured)
Gold Chris King headset w/ oversize top cup
Jagwire cables
Oury lock on grips (not pictured)

35.5-36.5 lbs, depending on the scale.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
specs:
2004 coiler
2005 sherman flick
2004 vanilla rc
2006 sram x9 rear derialleur and shiter
2004 sram p990 cassette
2005 rf diabolus cranks
2005 e.Thirteen bash
2006 truvativ box guide
2006 hayes el caminoes
2006 avid g2 cleansweep rotors (8 in the front, 6 in the back)
2007 ea 70 bars
odi rogue lockons
xt front wheel laced to a singletrack, deore rear wheel laced to a 321
kenda kinetics k front tire, specialized roller in the back
no name cnc'd dj stem
chris king dreadset
rasta salsa flipoffs
snafu bmx pedals

about 36 lbs

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
AqBf, over what period of time did that bike come to where it is now? what was the first thing you changed from the way it was when you got it? Do you pedal it up much?

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
Hummeroid, anything you'd do differently on that build if you were to start from scratch? Or are you stoked up to the top for now?

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
shondo wrote:
Hummeroid, anything you'd do differently on that build if you were to start from scratch? Or are you stoked up to the top for now?

If I was to do it again, possibly higher gearing, and a different rear hub, and a 7/6 rotor setup. The ultra low granny (22 front, 34 rear) on it right now makes me feel like a pansy when I use it, and your cadence is too fast when in tech rock gardens to keep balance. I may put a road cassette on when I kill this one. As for the hub, it's from my last bike, and has a little more lash than I'd like. Its still good, so it too may get replace WHEN it breaks. Neither of those are big enough flaws for me to do anything about, its just being picky. As for the brakes, what it has now is a 210/203 setup. Since I transferred the Saint hub from the last bike, I transferred the rotor too. The last bike couldnt clear a 6 inch Saint, so I had to go to 8 since Saint has no 7 inch rotor. The rear has way too much lockup potential, and both are so damn big that they are easy to bend. THAT I might actually change before anything goes wrong with them.

How about you Shondo? Any hairline cracks in your sculpture?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011342
Mobile Version of Website