Powered by Outside

Has anyone ridden the new We Are One Arrival 170?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Has anyone ridden the new We Are One Arrival 170?
O+ FL
Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 6:23 Quote
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/wa1-arrival.1192483/

there is lots of talk in this thread about the bike since its release, and lots of info on the 170 with a TON of the original owners upping to the 170 links.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 8:30 Quote
I can’t decide if I’d rather buy a 170 arrival or a yeti sb160. I’m on a yeti Sb150 right now.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 16:13 Quote
Decided on the Arrival, first ride last night. I’m in love. Why is it so hard to post pictures?

Posted: Feb 20, 2023 at 7:38 Quote
I have owned almost every SC bike, Bronson, Mega, Hightower etc.. and I'm currently riding the 152 / 170 Arrival. The Arrival is not only a much better value but it rides better than any SC I have owned. Customer support has also been top notch.

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 4:46 Quote
I was intrigued and then realized good value doesn’t mean cheap. Still a $4500 frame, $7400 entry for a complete bike. “But they are made local” yes yes I know.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 5:46 Quote
pinkbert wrote:
I was intrigued and then realized good value doesn’t mean cheap. Still a $4500 frame, $7400 entry for a complete bike. “But they are made local” yes yes I know.

whoever said this was cheap? I don't think anyone (including WAO) said this was a cheap bike...

But it is definitely good value compared to other comparable spec'd bikes. Compare it with Santa Cruz, Transition, Pivot, Yeti or any similar high end brands (even big corporate brands high end models) and in fact the Arrival almost seems on the "cheaper" side.

And, they are made in Canada if you didn't know...

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 6:00 Quote
I was making an observation buddy, No need to get weird about it. It’s a company, not your mother.

Anywho, A $4500 frame isn’t a good deal no matter how how you slice it. I know they are made in Canada. I made that implication in my comment knowing damn well I’d be reminded of it if I dare say they are expensive and not a good value.

At $8k price is irrelevant anyway. Anyone with that much cash to blow likely can blow much more. Just weird to talk about $10k bikes and value at the same time.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 6:18 Quote
Mine was also an observation and I wasn't too upset about it.

I don't give two pickles about what bike you buy, but was just stating facts about the cost comparison for the spec. They do not make a budget friendly option, but people don't get that until they dig into the part specs.

And I'm really hoping you could sense my sarcasm in the Made in Canada comment as I was referring to you mentioning it in your previous post... but maybe you missed that.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 7:32 Quote
pinkbert wrote:
Just weird to talk about $10k bikes and value at the same time.

value still exists on the high end and isn't really constrained to lower end products.

having said that...i would agree its hard to see "value" in a 10k bike when a 5k bike will do the same job, for the most part.

the WAO framesets cost about the same as a decent fully built bike and costs more than a lot of the bikes my friends ride...and i could say with 110% confidence, if i had a WAO, id still be slower than them

having said that, i still kinda want one.

Posted: Jul 24, 2023 at 14:14 Quote
Ob917 wrote:
Decided on the Arrival, first ride last night. I’m in love. Why is it so hard to post pictures?

tell me more a few months in! really interested in this bike, but finding a demo is impossible so hard to get a feel for it other than scrutinizing geo figures.

what do you ride it for? where do you find it excels? hows it climb?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2023 at 17:41 Quote
I still love it. I’ve ridden it all over the west coast with it and live and normally ride in southern cal, big tech and jumps. Perfect for that and also climbs better than my Yeti SB150.

Posted: Aug 15, 2023 at 5:24 Quote
$7,400 for an entry level complete?

Don't waste your time, buy this one :

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3686340/

Posted: Aug 16, 2023 at 7:35 Quote
I'm looking for a 170 Frameset Rode with Ross he has One Had 6 hrs on it at that time AWESOME He LOVES IT

Posted: Oct 23, 2023 at 10:56 Quote
Coming to the thread late, but I have an Arrival and converted it from 152mm to 170mm this year. It’s taken a light very energetic and capable bike and kept it light, tamed the ride slightly (still very efficient) and turned up the capability to 11. It’s just amazing. The bike is slightly slacker (.4 degrees I think) smoother off the top with 30% sag and a coil, and still has excellent progression.

For my conversion, I took the Fox Factory 36, added the 170mm air spring, moved to a Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate and a Sprindex coil. I paired that with the adapter kit from WAO / WA1.

I’ll answer any questions I can

Posted: Oct 27, 2023 at 3:59 Quote
ShowNoMercy wrote:
I'm pretty sure they have a large frame now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015323
Mobile Version of Website