Powered by Outside

New Stumpjumper for 2024..?

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Stumpjumper for 2024..?
O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2023 at 6:34 Quote
The potential updates discussed above would come next summer/fall, for the 2025 models.

FL
Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 10:01 Quote
If you look at Loic Bruni’s story right now it is what appears to be an unrelased stumpjumper for this year

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 13:30 Quote
JPowers29 wrote:
If you look at Loic Bruni’s story right now it is what appears to be an unrelased stumpjumper for this year

Good find. Doesn't do much for me visually, it looks like a longer travel Epic EVO.

FL
Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 13:51 Quote
Seems they will do a new Enduro first:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/is-this-the-new-enduro-specialized-patent-shows-170mm-bike-with-ubb-suspension-design.html

Posted: Dec 27, 2023 at 17:01 Quote
The current Evo is a much more different bike from the normal SJ then the prev. SJ Evo.
Still I don't think we'll see flex stays on a SJ Evo. So I'd expect the next Evo is still different from the normal SJ and not just a "lunch ride" edition with more travel.

--> I'd expect the next SJ Evo to be similar to the new Levo SL.

I'd wish we'll see a full 27.5" version but I don't think so.

Posted: Dec 28, 2023 at 1:37 Quote
JPowers29 wrote:

Sadly I can’t find it. Do you have a screenshot?

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2023 at 7:34 Quote
JPowers29 wrote:

FWIW, someone on MTBR said it's just the current Epic EVO with a longer fork.

Posted: Jan 19, 2024 at 12:01 Quote
Lucapast wrote:
specialized is co developing a new shock w/ fox that is supposed to be similar to the shock on the new epic WC where it uses a negative air chamber to limit sag to essentially 0% when climbing and then when a bump is detected it’ll bypass that negative air chamber and compress like normal. This is all speculation so don’t quote me on it but he seemed pretty sure on all this

If this is the case, that is cool.
I am running the New Epic WC I am enjoying the new shock system. 0% sag (no gulp) setting is really cool. works well for me. I am a 90kg XC rider.
New Stumpy (or trail bike) the same system of different Gulp set ups

Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 6:16 Quote
Guy Kesteven on Bike Perfect seems to think that it’ll be 150/140mm, lose the sidearm and be slightly more progressive.

That doesn’t make much sense to me, unless everything in the range is increasing in travel, and they’re introducing a short travel trail bike beneath it. Again.

Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 12:09 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:
Guy Kesteven on Bike Perfect seems to think that it’ll be 150/140mm, lose the sidearm and be slightly more progressive.

That doesn’t make much sense to me, unless everything in the range is increasing in travel, and they’re introducing a short travel trail bike beneath it. Again.

Agree. They tried that with the 18-20, and it was a dud. Some rumors on a 130mm Epic Evo - if so, upping the Stumpy seems logical. It would look better with no sidearm IMO.

Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 12:56 Quote
knutspeed wrote:
BarneyStinson wrote:

Agree. They tried that with the 18-20, and it was a dud. Some rumors on a 130mm Epic Evo - if so, upping the Stumpy seems logical. It would look better with no sidearm IMO.

A 130mm Epic Evo is basically a trail bike. Sort of misses the point to me.

Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 23:14 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:

A 130mm Epic Evo is basically a trail bike. Sort of misses the point to me.

Also agreed. I currently ride a '21 EE and a '23 regular Stumpy. Sold my StEvo last year. II think Specialized had the differences between all of these just right - they are all pretty good in their segments.
Changing the EE into an almost-Stumpy would be strange.

I can see more or less the current line-up with new rear shock tech a la the Epic WC, minor geo updates, no sidearm.

Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 12:06 Quote
The newest Stumpjumpers with newest SRAM Transmission drivetrains are all on a huge sale right now, clearing house for new model??

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 10:34 Quote
Weird that the Expert level Stumpy isn’t on sale, but all others are.

FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 10:04 Quote
Any updates on the New Stumpy Evo for summer 2024 in the USA?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009842
Mobile Version of Website