Canyon Spectral thread
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Dec 16, 2023 at 16:22 Quote
Love my AL6

Slightly upgraded but this thing rips no matter the spec

photo

Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 11:15 Quote
I am thinking to make make my cf7 into mullet? I want to upgrade into zeb 160 ultimate. Any thoughts? Will i mess too much the bike geometry? ]

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 26, 2023 at 12:23 Quote
Snikos17 wrote:
I am thinking to make make my cf7 into mullet? I want to upgrade into zeb 160 ultimate. Any thoughts? Will i mess too much the bike geometry? ]

Flip chip in high setting and I’d even say 170 fork and your bb might be high enough. Depending on your reason though I’m not sure I’d mess with it though?

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 11:47 Quote
I want to buy a new spectral (2024) and I’ve breaking my mind and argue myself between 2 options:
1. Canyon spectral cf9 - as is (4,649$)
2. Canyon spectral cf8 CLLCTV with a wheels and handlebar upgrade to a carbon for reducing the bike weight to 14.8kg. (4,800$ with all the upgrades).

The axs groupset is not so attractive for me, and I like the shimano XT as well.
I think that the Shimano XT brakes are better than the SRAM brakes.
The Fox 36 performance elite is much better than the Lyrik and the Fox dhx coil shock is much better than the RockShox deluxe.

So:
The weight is the only thing that make the cf9 better than the cf9 CLLCTV for me. And if I make the upgrade of the wheels and handlebar and reduce the weight - with the same price - I think it is a better choice.

What do you think?

And one more question - is canyon usually make a sale discounts in the bicycle world day (03.06)?

Posted: May 21, 2024 at 16:35 Quote
eldad007 wrote:
I want to buy a new spectral (2024) and I’ve breaking my mind and argue myself between 2 options:
1. Canyon spectral cf9 - as is (4,649$)
2. Canyon spectral cf8 CLLCTV with a wheels and handlebar upgrade to a carbon for reducing the bike weight to 14.8kg. (4,800$ with all the upgrades).

The axs groupset is not so attractive for me, and I like the shimano XT as well.
I think that the Shimano XT brakes are better than the SRAM brakes.
The Fox 36 performance elite is much better than the Lyrik and the Fox dhx coil shock is much better than the RockShox deluxe.

So:
The weight is the only thing that make the cf9 better than the cf9 CLLCTV for me. And if I make the upgrade of the wheels and handlebar and reduce the weight - with the same price - I think it is a better choice.

What do you think?

And one more question - is canyon usually make a sale discounts in the bicycle world day (03.06)?

I think either route is good. The CF8 is great bang for the buck although not everyone prefers the linear feel and weight of a coil on a trail bike. I personally also prefer XT brakes and drivetrain, although I will say Code RSC's with HS2 rotors are great. I generally prefer fox suspension, but the new 2024 Lyrik Ultimate and Super Deluxe Ultimate are very good. I have them on my freshly built Santa Cruz 5010 and am impressed, much better than the older Lyrik IMO. But it sounds like the CF8 has parts you prefer, so just do that and swap out the parts you want to upgrade as needed.

And yes, Canyon sometimes has awesome deals around bicycle world day. I got my 2023 Strive CFR for $4199 last year on the 2nd.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012281
Mobile Version of Website