Powered by Outside

Strongest disc

• Next Page
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
howabout, be more careful. no disc will survive a full on hit. the hope ones are stronger because of the aluminum spider but it still is not going to survive a hefty blow

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
fisherrider311 wrote:
easier said than done when riding street

Then switch to v-brakes, they're way better for street anyways. If you set them up well you'll get just as much power as your discs. Avid ultimates are really good, so are xtr's and maguara hs33(hydro).

If you want to stick with discs, there's not much you can do other then get a smaller rotor because they're all the same strength wise.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
well what kind of riding are we talking about here? street? if so, go as small a rotor as possible... you really don't need the kind of power 6,7, or 8 in rotors offer... go with a 140mm rotor, you'll find they're much more rigid...

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
srry i guess i should just stop practising and instantly be perfect at it all the while being more carefull

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
Custom rotor bashguard! That would be cool.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
magura gustav rotors are crazy thick and strong

photo

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
Magura vented if you want a 2 piece, otherwise find a thick 140mm rotor (smallest available, I assure you). Hayes are reasonably beefy for a 140mm, but the most bend resistant I have seen are XTR centrelock. Tank rotors. But for that, of course, you'd need centrelock.

Any 140mm rotor that isn't designed to be light as possible will be fine, like hayes (which are very beefy for 140mm rotors)

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
Custom rotor bashguard! That would be cool.

Could definitely be done rather easily. PM me if you have any interest in doing it.

BTW, I have those Magura rotors, they don't hold up that much better than anything else. Theyre only ~.003 thicker than my avid ones. Not to mention Magura sizes are ridiculous and you have to run odd adapter sizes if you run their larger rotors.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012196
Mobile Version of Website