Powered by Outside

Giant vs. Norco

PB Forum :: Beginners
Giant vs. Norco
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 7:06 Quote
i have a friend who rides a stp and he brought it to kelona last year and he was shredin it up as big as us on our fullies. The stp is a way better choice.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 4:42 Quote
Giant 4 sure! my little bro does dh on 1, and u can put a 140mm fork in it(i think, hes got a RS revelation) strung as hell, good geomatry, all arround mint bike, if i had inough money 4 a ht, thats the one i'd buySmile

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 7:15 Quote
juging by what your looking for id say the big foot my friend has one and he does everything with it its a well rounded bike and i would mind having one my self

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
i got 07 big foot and its a ok jumping bike after a few upgrades.
but its perfect for like 1-2 foot drops sk8 park kinda stuff id get big foor cuz its good for alota things

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
i would say gaint if your a smaller guy and big foot if your bigger (weight), because the gaint frame is not the strongest...and the big foot is a fairly good with freeride. thats my 2 cents

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 0:35 Quote
I tried the giant and i thought it was deffinitely a DJ orientated bike. It could handle smaller freeride hits but i'm not quite sure how it would hold up on bigger stuff. I have a bigfoot and i really love it. It is definitely designed more for freeride, but i'm definitely sure you could go big with DJ's because its a tough bike. the only problem is its a bit heavier and beefier then the giant so its a bit harder to huck through the air. Really both bikes are fine. It just depends what aspect of the sport you want to get into more. If its Djing go with the giant. if its freeriding bigfoot. if you're not really sure i would reccomend the bigfoot. its just a better all- around bike in my opinion. Hope this helped. Book

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 0:38 Quote
also how big of jumps/drops do you think you would do. I've done like 5 foot drops to flat, and 8-9 foot drops to a pad and my bigfoot has held up fine.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
i've hucked pretty big stuff on my stp. and havent managed to hurt it. we have a practice lip near my house, not a full on step-up but the lip just comes up to flat, anyways i have boosted 7 feet up off of it and land flat. ive taken some good nose dives and some bad casings as well, and havent managed to hurt it. what i would do for a bike to do everything is put a 130-150mm air preload fork on an stp. that way you can easily stiffen up for dj and have enough travel for dh/fr. also make sure to get the regular size frame. your height the large would be too long.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 10:02 Quote
In anything id go for a giant. Giant is a much better make. Norco's bikes have really gone down hill in my opinion and Giant is just getting better and better.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 10:04 Quote
Jayey666 wrote:
In anything id go for a giant. Giant is a much better make. Norco's bikes have really gone down hill in my opinion and Giant is just getting better and better.

agreed. unsurpassed customer service.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2009 at 16:30 Quote
get the STP its a nice build but first test ride it

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.465311
Mobile Version of Website