What Slopestyle Frame?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What Slopestyle Frame?
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
build a banshee wildcard
like this one
photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
yes i agree, i would say the wildcard. although if u have the money get the intense 6.6 ss, that frame is amazing

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
kona bass all the way man! paul brought his over to shred and its sick! im in love with them now and im buying one in the fall. go with it!

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
Yea I like the wildcard but my build would definitely be different than the one in that pic. I for sure wouldnt run it single speed and id probly have a 36 fork instead of a 32 or maybe even a Lyrik 2 step.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
those are great bikes but i really think you should look at the transition double or the cowan ds. my friend just built up a cowan ds with dhx 5.0 deemax wheelset single speed diety bar and stem and 4x forks for around 4000 and it is an amazing slopestyle bike. the double is new this year but looks pretty amazing. here is the link for both teh bikes.

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Double.cfm

http://www.konaworld.com/frames_landing.htm

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
ohh and i thought i would put this out there aswell the sx trail is a great bike. If you just want one full suspension bike that does it all geat that one. its good for slopestyle, dj, and parks like whistler. If you are JUST looking for a slopestyle only bike which u woulndt take down a mountain but use for dj and freeride i would recommend the ds and double as i said before but also the wildcard. you basically have to know what you want. I would go for the intense ss as just a slopestyle because the geomotry just doesnt look right compared to other slopestyle frames.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
Does anybody have a weight on the Cowan DS?

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
or you could wait for the dob dually to come out.. only 3 inches of suspension tho, super tecky jump bike

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
i couldnt find it but i know from my frinds build it is EXTREMLY light weight, very light.

Mod
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:35 Quote
Any bike can be built light without sacrificing the build and durability. For example, my Intense M6 complete DH rig weighs jus under 34 pounds and there are still a lot of parts that I could swap mainly titanium bolts and hardware rather than the aluminum bolts and change over to ceramic bearings to shed another 3-4 pounds. I know a friend of mine build his Giant Reign X0 to 27 pounds and it was the ultimate jump bike. I don't understand why people suggest the SX. It doesn't even compare to a Reign. The SX is over rated and over hyped and is very expensive for what you get. Same goes for the Wildcard. The frame is over $2000 Canadian with a DHX Air! I would seriously go to a shop and start test riding some bikes just to get an idea of what you prefer in terms of geometry, suspension design, and overall feel as I can guarantee that almost everyone in this forum hasn't ridden half of the bikes they are suggesting. That is why I hate threads like which bike should I get as people recommend something they haven't had adequate saddle time and know nothing about it other than what it looks like on a website.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
Do you have a spec list for that Reign? 27 lbs is pretty light!

Mod
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
Everything was kept stock except for:
Handlebar- Easton Monkeylite DH
Stem- Thomson Elite
Seatpost- Thomson Masterpiece
Saddle- Selle Italia something but it was 125grams
Shifter- Sram X0
Front derailleur was removed and an E13 LG1 added
Cassette- Shimano Ultegra (11-21)
Chain- KMC Hollow Pin
Tires- Maxxis Ignitor UST
Rims- EX 823
Hubs- Chris King
Spokes- DT Triple butted
Pedals- Twenty Six 6Foe Ti

Stock parts:
Cranks- RF Atlas
Fork- Fox Float 36RC2
Rear Shock- DHX Air
Brakes- Juicy 7’s
Rear derailleur- Sram X0

Edit: Now that I think of it, his bike was probably a lot lighter than 27 pounds. When the bike was pretty much stock with just a couple different things like the wheels and handlebar/stem, it was about 29 pounds. The specs I listed are very high end and light so I would not be surprised if the complete build weighed somewhere in the 25 pound region.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:09 Quote
What about the Lucky 7? Check it out at www.khscanada.com/viewbike/521/.
Part spec is a good starting point and its price would leave $$ in your pocket to upgrade parts. I rode it in the qualifier for Crankworx's slopestyle last summer. I didn't do so well in the event but the bike held up fine.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
i looked at that bike to but it seems rly heavy

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
Don't really want too much travel for SS. 4-6 inches is best.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012257
Mobile Version of Website