LIST OF D-SLR under $800 or around

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
LIST OF D-SLR under $800 or around
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
AaronZuffa wrote:
mattyh wrote:
yo dude first off megapixels dont DEFINE quality sry to tell ya

Grab a d40, and a d2x and take a photo on the "auto" setting. Now tell me which one has more QUALITY.

k dude first off a d2x will blow a d40 out of the water in any circumstance so probaly not the best choice in comparison

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
mattyh wrote:
yo dude first off megapixels dont DEFINE quality sry to tell ya and dude dont bother with the d40 there pieces of junk and i wouldn't use a pentax if it was the last camera on earth i would aim for an older nikon such as a Nikin D70s or a D50 i've owned both and there great bodies and might i add bullet proof cameras and then considering u can obtain one of those buddies for under 400 and that leaves with a decent budget towards investing into a new lense and for lenses i would strongly suggest eitehr buying a 50mm 1.8 or a 18-70 3.5-4.5 lense there both great beginner lenses and both offer there own qualities and with 400 bux u could probaly buy both.

Megapixels are a reference to image size not image quality. Most of the time the two come hand in hand, but a 12 megapixel point and shoot isn't about to outperform my 10 megapixel D80.

point and shoot are compact sensors. Not full size. And megapixels are the number of pixels in a given area. NOT the size of the image.

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
What about the Nikon D60, it is on sale right now at best buy i think 749$

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
greasemonkeys wrote:
What about the Nikon D60, it is on sale right now at best buy i think 749$

10.2 megapixels (great)
1/200 sync speed (lower than I'd ever want to go, but insignificant if your not shooting high speed objects with a flash)
3 fps with 1/200 shutter speed or faster, and manual focus (pretty damn good)
ISO 100 - 1600 (100 is awesome for daylight shooting, my camera only goes as low as 200)
Single point, dynamic, and closest subject focus modes (pretty standard, but some camera have weird ones)

In my opinion, it would be good for the price. I'm assuming that is with a kit lens (more than likely 18-55 F3.5/4.7-5.6).
Thats about what I paid for my d50, but it is much better.
I think you may have found a winner Razz

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
Try to get an older camera like a nikon d70 or a canon rebel xt

they are going to come out less then 300$ for the body

and use the rest of your money to get some nice piece of glass and some flashes.

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
aljosa1 wrote:
Try to get an older camera like a nikon d70 or a canon rebel xt

they are going to come out less then 300$ for the body

and use the rest of your money to get some nice piece of glass and some flashes.
actually i saw a rebel xt two lens kit for $399 at boxing day sales, i think it was at future shop

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
I forgot...

AVOID kit lenses... they're a piece of crap
It is the worst money waste ever...

Also try to stay with nikon and canon (the 2 biggest brands in photography) If you get more serious you will have way more lens choice

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012287
Mobile Version of Website